Chris Landry on 12 noon 1300 am show...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengaleze, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

..Condon was not on, his sidekick was doing the show and he asked Chris Landry, the NFL scout and headhunter, if any coaches were being contacted and were interested yet were not being mentioned in the media. His answer was yes, and because of his job he couldn't comment, but people were expressing interest but not wanting it to be public. I thought it was a nice diversion from all the rumor, he said, my source says stuff. Condon does some great interviews with very interesting people. It would be nice if he'd shut up and let them talk. His sidekick today did a good job. Actually more enjoyable than Condon. I foget the guys name though. Good radio voice, and good questions. Landry is a D'ville native, Baton Rouge educated local guy whose made it big in the NFL scouting and consulting for head coaches business. Pretty smart guy and very knowledgable about football. I felt smarter having listened. Keep in mind Condon was NOT on the show.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Landry is also affiliated with Fox Sports Radio on a national basis. He's got a weekly show during the football season. I listened to him either yesterday afternoon or the afternoon before on the drive home from work. He said pretty much the same things you referenced in your post.

3. philter

philter Founding Member

The TB board is lit up with rumors of a 'shocking' coach being in contact with LSU, but not wanting to be known. A couple of people have reported this, but like all internet rumors they could have read it at a board as their 'source'...or where there's smoke??

Landry confirms what we all suspected, there are candidates out there that do not wish to be known - and the bigger the candidate, the less likely he wants his name to be known. I'm just gonna sit back and wait until Monday. Hopefully we will have some solid info by then, but I seriously doubt any hardcore info will come out until we beat Iowa.

4. COTiger

You and me both, although I will continue to peruse the various boards to see what the latest rumors are :rofl:

5. philter

philter Founding Member

Well of course...what F5 cramping loser wouldn't?? I'll be using my internet like no other time in history.

6. COTiger

Thanks. I didn't know F5 was refresh :lol: