Chris Landry's View of Miles just now on Fox Radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NJtiger, Jan 1, 2005.

1. NJtiger

NJtiger Founding Member

Chris Landry was just asked to comment on the Miles hire at LSU. He said it was a good hire, but not a great hire. He said he tried to get "them" to look at and wait for some NFL coaches and some other college guys who could become available but they wanted a current HC in college and they were in a hurry so Miles was the one who was available. He said they still have a buyout to work out. I would say that he was REALLY lukewarm. Almost negative. Actually I think he was more disappointed in the search group and the process than in the result. Typical BOS effort.

2. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

kinda stupid that they would hurry because of recruiting when i don't see top prospects jumping to lsu because of him. i thought skip would have done better than this.

3. ExoticGlass1

what i mean is you won't see any of the recruits that changed their commitments change back for him and with those losses you won't see us gain it what we loss by those changes. other words, having him won't bring the top recruits from across the country until he proves he can bring lsu to the big bowls.

4. medschooltiger

medschooltiger Founding Member

This was the same guy who highly endorsed Nick Saban 5 years ago and they are people out there trying to compare miles to saban LMFAO. :rofl:

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Time will tell, time will tell. No sense judging a guy based on these "experts."

6. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

This messes with Saban's comments about "if the political environment at this institution plays a roll in the selection process it will be detrimental to keeping the program moving in its current direction".

7. ExoticGlass1

you're not understanding what i'm saying. miles is not a name the top recruits(most part) will commit to lsu for, there will be some just because its lsu but not enough to have a top 5 recruiting class until he show he can have success here. his record from ok state won't convince them he will bring them to the nc game.if the fact that they are trying to do this quick because of recruiting then they are making a big mistake, if they see him as the top coach then its a different story, his hire won't make a great difference in recruiting for this year is what i'm saying.

8. philter

philter Founding Member

No one ever committed to LSU just because Nick Saban was the name of the coach. They met with him, talked with him, and liked what they heard and how he convinced them they fit into his plan.

Not one recruit ever was sitting at home and decided to go to LSU, im my estimation, just because someone told him Nick Saban is the coach. They may be impressed with his name, but they will want to visit and confirm they fit in with his system and the assistant coaches.

They may not know Les Miles' name right off the bat like Saban (although most in TX/OK do), but they will surely listen to him when he pitches LSU to them. And if the accounts about him being very likeable are true, he will get his share of 4 and 5 star recruits (which doesn't matter to me, stars are overrated).

9. ExoticGlass1

are you serious? so recruits changing their commitments because saban left doesn't mean they were coming to play for him? also the ones who said they were watching to see what would happen, do you think they feel confident knowing that miles will be the next coach? saban didn't come here and get the top recruiting class right off the bat and changed that by turning lsu into a winning top program. my biggest problem is lsu is here now and are stepping back with his hire.

10. TONY TIGER

TONY TIGER Founding Member

recruits opinion of miles...

demarcus granger and rj jackson, spoke highly of miles. granger is a stud.