Christianity-NO; Allah-YES!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LsuCraig, May 23, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

For all of these people who take their anti-Christian viewpoint to the courts to get a cross removed from public land in San Diego, stop the Pledge in schools, this is what is really going on. I think this is a really good example of what I have been saying for years.........these "atheists" aren't against organized religion playing a role in our society.....they are against Christianity holding a role in our society. They wouldn't be bringing lawsuits against Islamic teachings in school or an Islamic holy symbol on public land in San Diego.

In California, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (the one that outlawed the Pledge of Allegiance for its reference to God) approved putting public school students through Muslim role-playing exercises. Investor's Business Daily reminds us:
    In a recent federal decision that got surprisingly little press, even from conservative talk radio, California's 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled it's OK to put public-school kids through Muslim role-playing exercises, including: Reciting aloud Muslim prayers that begin with "In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful . . . ."
    Memorizing the Muslim profession of faith: "Allah is the only true God and Muhammad is his messenger."
    Chanting "Praise be to Allah" in response to teacher prompts.
    Professing as "true" the Muslim belief that "The Holy Quran is God's word."
    Giving up candy and TV to demonstrate Ramadan, the Muslim holy month of fasting.
    Designing prayer rugs, taking an Arabic name and essentially "becoming a Muslim" for two full weeks.
    Parents of seventh-graders, who after 9-11 were taught the pro-Islamic lessons as part of California's world history curriculum, sued under the First Amendment ban on religious establishment. They argued, reasonably, that the government was promoting Islam.
    But a federal judge appointed by President Clinton told them in so many words to get over it, that the state was merely teaching kids about another "culture."
    So the parents appealed. Unfortunately, the most left-wing court in the land got their case. The 9th Circuit, which previously ruled in favor of an atheist who filed suit against the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, upheld the lower court ruling.
    The decision is a major victory for the multiculturalists and Islamic apologists in California and across the country who've never met a culture or religion they didn't like — with the exception of Western civilization and Christianity. They are legally in the clear to indoctrinate kids into the "peaceful" and "tolerant" religion of Islam, while continuing to denigrate Judeo-Christian values.
    In the California course on world religions, Christianity is not presented equally. It's covered in just two days and doesn't involve kids in any role-playing activities. But kids do get a good dose of skepticism about the Christian faith, including a biting history of its persecution of other peoples. In contrast, Islam gets a pass from critical review. Even jihad is presented as an "internal personal struggle to do one's best to resist temptation," and not holy war...
    ...This case is critical not just to our culture but our national security. It should be brought before the Supreme Court, which has outlawed prayer in school. Let's see what it says about practicing Islam in class. It will be a good test for the bench's two new conservative justices.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Personally, I don't want any religion playing a mandated role in our government. However, for them, I think it's a matter of majority versus minority. They think it's more dangerous for christianity to be involved because it is the majority. A religion can't cause as much trouble if it is only a minority...

I don't have a problem with kids learning about other cultures in school, but telling them to say anything in reference to god is wrong. It's ridiculous for a school to have students do chants to any god & highly hypocritical for the court to ban the pledge & allow this - regardless of whether it's a role playing exercise.

I do have to be critical of this article because it is obviously biased. There might be other information that wasn't brought to light here.

Obviously I don't believe that Islam should be immune from criticism in the classroom (and sort of doubt that it is). But presenting the truth about christianity's past is hardly "skepticism" of said faith. Assuming the majority of people there are christian, it shouldn't be necessary to spend as much time presenting it in the classroom because the students already know all about it.

It's deceitful to say that prayer is outlawed in school. Students can still pray to any god on their own. Someone explain why this threatens our national security?

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am guilty as charged, i love muslims, i am only out to get christians. my atheism is really a veil for liberal multiculturalism. i also love wiccans and those people who drank jim jones' kool-aid, whatever religion that was.

when i tried to type kool-aid i accidentally typed "kill-aid", i was entertained by that for a few seconds.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

private prayer is ok as long as it is christian. one time i heard a jamie foxx comedy routine and he was talkin about a muslim scary guy on an airplane with him. and the muslim guy looked crazy as hell and all of a sudden he put his head down and closed his eyes and started praying on the plane. jamie foxx was scared as hell and said "oh no he put his head down and is concentratin' on some ****!"

the last thing you want to see on a plane is a muslim guy concentratin' on some ****.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Studying other religions in a social studies class is no big deal. But religion has no role in science, business, economics, or politics.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

agreed. i stopped reading that article when i saw "world history curriculum".

you can make a good argument that islam is one of the most important things to understand now if you want to see how history has created our current situation. they can teach any religions they want if it is in terms of a study of history or social studies. its isnt like they are teaching religious dogma as fact, like many of you favor in science class.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Not when they require students to say that Allah is the one true god. That isn't studying.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

it says:

"Memorizing the Muslim profession of faith: "Allah is the only true God and Muhammad is his messenger."

memorizing something isnt believing it. i have that memorized too, and john 3:16, dont you? it is importnant to understand the core of poeple beliefs.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, they stated that is was part of a role-playing exercise. Such exercises are standard teaching tools. In school I once role-played George Wallace in a debate on segregation. I didn't support Wallace's position personally, but the exercise taught us quite a bit about the issue and we gained insight into his mindset.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Okay so I mixed up what they had to chant and what they had to memorize.

Chanting "Praise be to Allah" in response to teacher prompts.
    Professing as "true" the Muslim belief that "The Holy Quran is God's word."

Neither of these seem like things students should be required to say.