Christianity-NO; Allah-YES!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LsuCraig, May 23, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Its a social studies class. You are supposed to study the social practices of a given people. When studying a religion it might make sense to cover some of the beleifs of the religion, specifically the oaths they take such as There is no God but Allah and Muhhamed is his prophet.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Would "athiests" care if they made kids act like Christians, even in a social studies class?

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Yes, Atheists won't tolerate it, the pledge for instance.
    Atheism is a religion and my proof is that atheists are the ones doing away
    with culture we've had for hundreds of years or less.
    The holidays of Christmas and Easter and their meaning.
    Taking down Ten Commandments, The Pledge, In God We Trust on money
    then the cross in San Diego.

These things weren't hurting anything, atheists could still have their beliefs
    and look the other way but choose not too.
    I would go as far as to say that Atheists would rather believe and trust
    the Muslim religion or at least tolerate it better than Christianity.
    My proof, I don't see any atheists attacking the Muslim culture in this country.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

1. this is not a news article we are commenting on, it is an opinion column. i dont really believe it.

2. of course atheists dont mind if you teach kids religion in a social studies class. religions are a massive force in hitory and current event. they would be remiss not to teach them.

you dont see the value of understanding what muslims believe in terms of current events?

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

you at least see one atheist attacking muslim culture, me. i hate muslim culture and think the religion is 100% terrible.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

This wasn't exactly teaching... Really, the only problem I have is that kids had to say the prayers or whatever.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The pledge is not the same scenario.

Since when is the definition of religion include the ridding of cultures? Atheism is not a religion - it is a belief. Just as theism isn't a religion, but a belief.

Only in government sponsored things. They could care less if you personally want to put up a christmas tree or celebrate the rebirth of jesus by eating chocolate eggs. They don't care if you recite the ten commandments in church.

Just as this parent could have let her kid have their beliefs and look the other way, but chose not too. Would you want your kids praying to allah in school even though you're a christian? "Well you could just look the other way..."

As I pointed out earlier, it's a matter of majority/minority. The muslim religion being taught in school isn't as dangerous in their minds because the country is made of mostly christians.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

According to the Supreme Court Secular Humanism is a religion. What is the differance between that and athieism?

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i know we have been over this before and this is nitpicking but i wouldnt call atheism a belief. simply put, atheism is sanity. if you arent atheist, you are a loon. atheists are like the sane visitors at an insane asylum. they dont have any other particular quality other than not being delusional. so atheism is a "belief" in the same sense that not being out of your mind is a "belief".

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

OK, Atheism may be a belief for some but other atheists are threatened by religion or they wouldn't attack other religions by having crosses and such
    removed.
    If it is only a belief and not a religion why are they threatened by christianity? Please explain this?

Martin,
    I am pleased that you don't care for the Muslim faith as much as you don't
    like others.
    I bet you could find some out there that would tolerate Muslims over Christians.