Ciron Black to switch positions?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Rivals.com College Football - Black will take position switch for NFL shot

I really think that coming back to play for the 2009 season really hurt Ciron. I hate to say it b/c I praised him on his decision. He was VERY close to leaving for the NFL after the 2008 season.

Whatever position he plays, I wish Ciron nothing but the very best. He is a very smart and very classy guy who has done alot for LSU.

1 person likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agreed.

1 person likes this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I wanna believe a position change would be the best thing for him to achieve what we know he has for the next level of competition. IMO, his drop in production this last season was due in part for him trying to help make up for weaknesses in other areas. At least I hope I am right.

Very best to CB and his future. He is and shall always be a Tiger. :thumb:

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He did way better at the Senior Bowl practices at OG. More of his natural position anyway.

1 person likes this.
  5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

From what I understand, after that game his draft stock may have gone up a bit. Nothing too crazy, but he could go as soon as mid-late 2nd. Not a sure thing but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.. And if you think about it, the scouts aren't just looking at his last year's performance which wasn't great, they're looking at his whole college career and the potential they see.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I sure hope they do.

Ciron did have some extra weight on him last year....that coupled with a nagging year-long ankle injury slowed him down which is part of the reason why he struggled.

He will make a roster in the NFL and he will do well, IMO. I doubt he goes in the 2nd round though.

I believe he would have had a chance to go in the 1st round had he come out last year.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I agree. Last year he would have been a first round pick for sure. I don't expect he will go 2nd this year, but stranger things have happened.

1 person likes this.
  8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Very intelligent young man with a great attitude. He should make a very nice living for himself in the NFL. I wish him all the best.

1 person likes this.
  9. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Of all of LSU's athletes it seems that he hurt himself the most at the combine. The report I read said that they were oroginally looking at him as a LT. But some stuff they saw on film indicated that he wasn't agile enough so he was looked on as a power blocking RT at the combine. It seems that he didn't do well in the drills especially something called sliding and only ran a 5.5 40. So they started projecting him as a guard. Then he only got 23 reps in the bench. Even little McCluster got 20 reps. I don't think it looks too good for Ciron unless he really improves at LSU's pro day. Really too bad!

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Lots of linemen don't find their natural position until they get into the NFL. Position changes are not uncommon, even with backs. It's not a black mark on Ciron if he's a better pro guard than a tackle.

Billy Cannon was a Heisman Trophy LSU running back but was moved to the line and starred in the pro's at tight end. LSU Center Moonie Winston became an All-Pro linebacker. LSU Guard Kevin Mawae became an All-Pro center.

This move may be just what Black needs to excel at this level.