Civilian vs. Military Court for Terrorists

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Feb 1, 2010.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The truth. Well said!

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Regardless of party affiliation it was a real bad decision to set a date for closing Gitmo and to plan a trial in NYC. Now that both have been exposed as foolish ideas, instead of accepting responsibility or making a comment that they didn't weigh all the pros/cons...they simply blame the Republicans. :huh:

This is quickly becoming similar to playing the "race card". I guess it has worked as a universal excuse for poor behavior or under-achievement so I guess they're taking the same approach in politics.

I don't care if it's an "undeclared" war or not...we ARE at war. Many won't admit it for political correctness sake but there are many people who want us dead. Apologizing or singing Kumbaya won't resolve the matter.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This reminds me.
    Have you ever notice everything the left and their media says about the Republicans or even Bush is actually what is true of democrats.
    Example as far as Bush was concerned.
    Dumb Cowboy who can't give a speech, cold hearted, fill in the blank, etc.
    I think it is totally true of Obama and the left.

Btw, we have had enough Ivy league presidents for a while.
    Bush sucked and Obama is worse.
    Obama has carried on some of the same policies including terrible spending, he is Bush on Steroids on spending and Jimmy Carter on Steroids when it comes to foreign policy.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

It's a military action, conducted by the military. Your implication is that there is neither need nor jurisdiction for Military Court outside of a declared war? Good luck with that. :insane:

Of course the only TRUE conservative, especially fiscal conservative on TF(that's you in case you are not following along), chooses to ignore the point of my post, and get completely tangential.

Since you are so concerned with government waste, even you should be able to grasp the very simple concept of the expense of a NY trial. Most democrats have gotten the msg, which is why Obama is now crawfishing on holding it there.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think we should water-board every last one of em mu fuggers just for GP then send them off to trial.

...but that would remove the politics from the equation and this thread just wouldn't be fun any more. :(

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The problem in which you choose not to see is that a person of conservatism and constitutional values on liberty also stretch to those enemies we don't like for the sake of rising above the ideologies that we don't agree with.

Like I said before I'm not exactly sure where I stand on the issue as of yet as I don't pass judgment until I have enough facts for myself to make a decision so that I don't look like a Fin hypocrite like most Republicans.

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

It has nothing to do with political correctness. It has to do with a legal constitutional authority. Which wasn't followed. And I WILL NEVER stand up for. Nor should any self proclaimed conservatives.

Also a nice read here:
    [CTRL] Rep. Ron Paul On Military Courts

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

how can we have a civilian trial for people who have never set foot in america other than gitmo? There is something really wrong with that. Can you imagine a hagi tactical force coming into your living room, and arresting you, then taking you back to fukacamelbad to stand trial?

9. TheDude

This means absolutely nothing. We are at war, and these men have been captured. Either we let them go or try them in court. Make your choice and stop crying about our perceived mistakes in your absolute world. Now you want to go off on a theoretical journey about extending constitutional rights to foreign nationals. Which has zero to do with your original question or complaint about republicans.

If we are going to try them, the decision must be made about civilian or military court. There are valid arguments to keep it in military court, but the most simple one is the exorbitant cost to the state of NY. It's obvious to everyone, including democrats, but not to you.

You can't get past your own hypocrisy long enough to stay on point. You are not a solution person, just a hater. It permeates nearly all of your posts. Feel free to go off on another tangent in your next response and ignore the direct answer to your direct question.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheDude

Then you must be for letting them go, and possibly paying some reparations? What are you for, other than bashing republicans or democrats?