Civilian with CC uses gun to stop shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Jul 27, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There NRA puts out several magazines that come with membership. There is a monthly column in them called The Armed Citizen that recounts events where law abiding gun owners use their weapon for the defense of themselves and others. It happens more than you think.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It happens a lot less than one would think and most of these happen in a person's home. Which I feel no one has any business knowing what firearms a law abiding citizen has in said home.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

5. LaSalleAve

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Happens in places of business too where the business owner has to shoot an armed robber.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

An armed civilian proficient in the use of weapons might not prevent everyone from being killed by a madman but if he was able to shoot the assailant even after 1, 2, 5 or whatever number of people were shot other lives would be saved because the killer would be dead before he finished his grisly task. If a shooter killed 8 people and you were number nine you would thank the armed citizen.

el005639 likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

Maybe that happens, maybe it doesn't, you can't just paint a broad brush over situations. There is absolutely no way to tell how someone would react. Especially someone who isn't trained to kill. It's not ex military I'm worried about. It's Joe Redneck, or Corporate Bob. Who says they don't kill a shit load of others? Especially in a dark theater with people running around.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You and me and everybody else has surely sat in a movie theater, concert or some kind of event where there were people with concealed carry permits who were sitting right among us. We just didn't know it because they didn't pull their guns out and wave them around.

10. LaSalleAve

You are making me not want to go to the movies again. And I thought the 10 dollar popcorn was gonna be the end of it.