Civilian with CC uses gun to stop shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't mind paying $10 for a good movie but I hate the concession prices. Going to a movie without a big tub of buttered popcorn just isn't the same. When I was younger I would always buy a box of Junior Mints as well as popcorn. Junior Mints are probably $5 or $6 now.

Maybe they should do like they do before you enter a courthouse. Make everybody put their change and metal objects in a bowl and then pass a metal detector over you. Been about 8 years but I had to go downtown to pay a ticket. Did the routine and they told me I couldn't bring my cell phone into the courthouse. I told them I would turn it off but no, I had to go back and leave it in my car. Parked about 6 blocks away. Not a bad idea to ban cell phones from movies either.

That procedure would have caught Houser at the door. He paid for his ticket and sat down and watched 20 minutes of the movie before he started shooting. Of course he might have shot the ticket taker and everybody in the lobby if he couldn't get inside.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Don't let that be the reason. I can't speak for all states but I know in Oklahoma the CC permit process is pretty detailed and very thorough. I know quite a few people that have them and they are all very level headed folks. My neighbor has one and I was talking to him about it and the rules of when you are allowed to pull your weapon are VERY strict. In fact he told me if we were out somewhere and this guy just started beating the hell out of me he was not allowed to use his gun. Pretty much a very justifiable life or death situation and a lot of it involves only immediate family or the CC carrier themselves. The last thing they want is a bunch of 1 bullet barneys roaming the streets thinking they are the law and while this case in Cincinnati turned out okay I am interested to see what if anything is said about the Ewing guy getting involved.

red55 likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Internet streaming and 60-inch HDTVs will likely be the end of it. But . . . they said that about television in 1950.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'll still go see Star Wars when it comes out, I'll set my blaster to stun.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'll gut you with my light saber

6. shane0911

Huh, that shit came out when I was a kid. Last one I saw was Empire Strikes Back and I was already old enough to know "ain't nobody getting laid watching this bullshit"

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Dude I'm married I ain't getting laid anyway.

el005639, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Give that post a great big hand

9. shane0911

You certainly don't want advice from me. One of us is doing it wrong!

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Obviously.