Clarett ineligible?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Apr 19, 2004.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Agreed. Because if Mike Williams is allowed back after signing with an agent, why is Marquise Hill that much different?

2. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

I find that hilarious!

The funniest was when Clarett skipped his work outs because he wasn't healthy then when they scheduled his private workout he showed up looking like a fat a$$ and from what I've read, his numbers were sub par.

Make them wait...

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Hill was already eligible for the draft ... the others needed a court ruling to get eligible for the draft.

Watch and see ... if they aren't in the draft this weekend, they'll be playing college ball this fall.

4. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

If Mike Williams is left out, then Clayton and Devery should be bumped up a few spots in the draft.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

When is the supplemental draft if they were to be let in later?

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I realize that Marquise was eligible, but when Mike Williams made his decision, he was, too.

This actually opens up another whole can of worms in the world of college football--actually letting the younger guys who signed with agents return to the fold.

Now, as another poster noted, Mike Williams left USC on bad terms and has continued burning that bridge since making his decision. WeAreSC.com has posts related to him all of the time.

7. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Having an agent isn't so easily gotten around as that. There are plenty of sports that have no draft (every individual sport) at all and rules regarding agents are no less lax. You make the decision to go pro, you live with that decision, period. Mike understood there were no guarantees.

Neither of these guys will be in college next year.

8. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

supplemental draft or nfl europe. there also is an appeals process they can go through with the ncaa. and whoever said williams showed up to his work out and was sub par your wrong. we ran a 4.46 with no wind and a 4.51 against the wind. thats not sub par. i dislike usc and him and hate clarrett but don't try to make up crap that isn't true.

9. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Trust me when I say that they will still get signed by a NFL team much like Sammy Knight did when he wasn't drafted via free agency (less $ then a draft pic). The LA times reported that Williams said that he is fine with playing in the CFL, areana, or NFLEuro, for one year until a NFL team wants him. I am so happy that they got shot down. College Basketball sux b/c all of the talent goes pro so fast. That saves NCAA football until the next time.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

how can ppl say college basketball sucks when everyone gets all hyped up for the Big Dance and minus the championship game there were some of the most exciting trny games ever if you decided to actually watch them. While the talent may not be there in the middle, a la the Ewings and the Olajuwans as in the past, there is still ample talent....its just title IX has spread the talent a lot thinner, levelling the field. Most ppl just parrot views of these fat sportswriters with an axe to grind. Most are jealous at the fact these kids decide to make their money before they complete their 4 years of college. They pretend they are there for their education. please.