"Class" : Posted elsewhere by me

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Skrayper, Oct 31, 2002.

1. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

HO! Sabanfan, my kind of fan. I hate Notre Damn with a passion. Sadly tho my wife is a big Notre Damn fan she went to University of Chicago but her father went to Notre Damn. But that doesn't slow me down a bit. I may get kicked out of bed occasionally but I cheer everytime they get beat. :D

2. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

not trying to be disrespectful to our Bama Friends but.....

I think yall do deserve a long term probation because, yall broke some major rules when you were recruiting Albert Means. . . I mean yall went above and beyond what we did with Lester Earl. . .I am not trying to flame yall, but this is the second time since 95 or 96 that yall was on "major" probation and should be hammered....one question do you have the same A.D. that was there when the last probation happened?? if yall do he needs to be fired in my opinion cause that in my opinion is not helping things. . .

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

No we have changed AD. The first thing you should do is really read the actrual charges against us. You can read the appeals summary by going to www.cunninghambounds.com. I'm not going to preach whether we were guilty or innocent but I will say that like LSU and the Lester Earl case, we were given much harsher treatment than other programs received. We were only under the repeat offender status because we self reported that a basketball coach had ask a booster for some money for a recruit. The boosetr reported him and the coach was fired and we did not recruit the athlete any more. For that self reporting we were given another 2 year extension. The NCAA did not find the University of Alabama guilty of Lack of Institutional Control or Failure to Monitor. No school in previous NCAA history has gotten Bowl bans without these charges. Another fact is that we were found guilty of buying Albert Means without any evidence. The FBI and IRS didn't find a paper trail but the NCAA felt they had enough hearsay evidence to convict us. How would you like to be tried like that? Our first tilt with the NCAA goes back to 95 when the NCAA was taken to court and had to issue apologies and pay a settlement of (I think) $500,000 to a faculty member. If we were guilty of anything it was reporting too much to the NCAA. The NCAA actually praised our compliance department then politely cut our throat. Like most people believe there is some under the table dealings at every school, the NCAA camped out at The University of Alabama for over 2 years digging. We had coaches like Phil Fullmer telling our recruits that Alabama would be out of business in 2 years. Roy Kramer, our SEC commissioner knew that Albert Means was being shopped yet he told everyone but us. Strange isn't it. That's a fact not fiction.

But we will do our 2 years bowl bans and reduced schollys and 5 years probation. Every day brings us closer to the end. I'm over it and there isn't a single member of the team, coach or player, that was charged in the NCAA trial, that is on the present Alabama squad. None of our prior coaching staff was charged. We believe that we have a coach that can help us survive this and compete in the SEC. This may be what some of you call an exhibition season, but guess what, all the games count. If you lose to us it goes in your loss column. If you win, then thumbs up to you. Hope this sheds some light on the subject. No problem with your post.

We do have a new AD.

We are repeat offenders because we self reported a basketball violation to the NCAA.

4. redhead gator

redhead gator Founding Member

I agree. It's fun razzing the other team. And your site is fun to visit.

And yet I must say, GO GATORS!

5. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I agree about every school being unethical

In a day and age when even the churches are run unethically (and not just the Catholic church) I think it's pretty safe to say that most of the major programs out there aren't being all that ethical. Is that an excuse to cheat? No. Bottomline is the NCAA is so interested in the SEC right now b/c David Cutcliffe decided to go on a tattling spree since he can't win on the field. I guess he figured he could win by default if he got us all on probation. And in our case some broad that's a grad student and probably one of those losers that hates football decided to bring us to the light. **MEMO to her ** if you're a Kinesiology grad student it's not a very bright idea to blow the whistle on the sports program of the school you're at, may not look too desirable to future schools of employment.

6. TabasoCAT

TabasoCAT Guest

I'm glad to see there are others here that know about Roy Kramer's antics with regard to his "knowledge" of football recruiting. UK was given the same lipservice from the SEC about how great we investigated our issues, cleaned house with coaching staff and AD, then the SEC assisted the NCAA in beating us with a 4 pound hammer at the end of it all.

Hey, we cheated, got caught, and are paying the price.

With that being said, there is a two tier standard on enforcement.
    Pay close attention to what is going on with "The Future" in Knoxville. See if the same standard is enforced differently than it was applied to Bama and UK