Classless POS Obama

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Sep 10, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I never said Obama was responsible for the recovery, I said the economy was strong through his term,.. I also pointed out that Presidents receive too much credit/blame for the state of the economy, as @Winston1 said,.. the Federal Reserve Chairman has much more control over the economy compared to the President.

Trump loves to toot his own horn, but in this case it's mostly bullshit,.. I'll say it again, IMO if Hillary had won, the US economy would be essentially the same as it is today.

I generally support Trumps approach to some economic matters,.. rewriting trade pacts, having other countries pull their weight in regards to institutions such as NATO and the UN. Tariffs though are complicated, barging into a trade war is a risky fucking game, hope he can pull it off.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Completely disagree. The market responded to what they believed his focus on infrastructure, business investment, and reduction in regulations was going to be. That wasn't Hillary's plan. Like every other democrat, her solution was to grow government, not the private sector. Too many taxes kill entrepreneurship and creative business solutions. Hillary's plan was to focus on creating equal outcomes for people whether they worked hard or not. The market would have responded in kind.

And an unfortunate result of republican war policy is that it's big business. America loses her people but gains a lot of money when we continue to fight all over the damn globe. Hillary like Obama before her would have killed that aspect of the economy as well.

kcal and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hillary bragged that she was going to put all the coal minors out of work. That would have really helped the economy.

4. GiantDuckFan

never said she would help the economy, I suggested that it would be about the same, no matter Trump or Clinton.
    I'll give you that depressing point, war is big business, every-time we fire a cruise missile, General Electric gets paid a gazillion dollars to build its replacement.

Still, IMO, the economy would continue the same general trend line established during Obama, maybe not, who can honestly say they know for sure?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Frogleg likes this.
  5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

No way. If Hillary had won, the market would have done the correction everyone was waiting for. Trump winning sent the market up the next day due to optimism. Hillary's win would have sent it in the other direction

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont know how on earth you can claim that when their policies are vastly different with regards to the economy. Like opposite ends of the spectrum.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Good grief. Obama couldn't sniff the GDP numbers Trump is pulling in.

The fact is you can honestly say Trump is doing a good job in the economy, you just won't.

Lets put it this way. You and cry baby @Winston1 all but told us Trump would destroy our economy. Now its so good the Libs and media are trying to find a way to give its credit to Obama. Fucking classic.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And who appointed this one?

9. GiantDuckFan

The President's effect on the economy are overblown, they ride the economic wave, they don't control it,.. if a President had real economic control, we wouldn't have recessions during his term. I've given Trump credit on some economic matters. The US economy is in a sense self generating, I believe it would essentially be the same today if Hillary had won.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Why? Be specific. The market and the economy respond to policies...those of the Fed and the President. Trump's investment in infrastructure, his removal of regulations, tariffs, tough talk with NoKo, bringing business back from overseas have all had a positive impact. Please tell me what Hillary's intended policies would have done to the economy.

shane0911 likes this.