Classless POS Obama

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Sep 10, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What point are you making?

You guys have a conundrum here. We need a "living" wage here in the US, yet are OK with paying the Orient $2 a day.

I mean, we are headed to a "basic income model". Its going to happen. We wont be able to do that making everything in China. Trump is doing the left a favor and they are too stupid to realize it.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Bud small businesses look to the feds for work too. All you mentioned are part and parcel with Trump’s budget proposals. His so called defense build up is what Boeing er al feed off of.
    The cash you mentioned companies are bringing back comes from the tax cut not tariffs.
    Point being that it’s all integrated and you can’t take credit for unemployment without taking responsibility for the deficits.
    I blasted Obama and the Democrats for year for their irresponsibility....Trump and the Republicans deserve no less.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

NO no no. You said name a sector and I did. Im in a small business. Nothing we do revolves around ANYTHING in the governments budget.

I never claimed otherwise. You did.

I never claimed otherwise.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You’re right it’s a conundrum and a paradox. ....and there’s no easy answer. It requires constant balancing and adjustments. It take a good negotiator not a bull in a china shop.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

But I thought you wanted more of a bull when it comes to NoKo and Russia. Lol. There is nothing Trump could do to make some folks happy and frankly I'm glad he doesn't try to.

Back in 2012.....

"Barack Obama promised voters four years ago that he would work to slow the outflow of American jobs to other countries, proposing to revamp a federal tax code that encourages companies to maintain overseas operations.

Obama as president has continued to call for rewriting the rules that allow U.S. corporations to avoid paying taxes for a time on income generated overseas.

But the broad tax changes have not happened.

While White House officials say they have been waiting on Congress to act, Obama’s critics, primarily on the political left, say he has repeatedly failed in other ways to protect American jobs from being moved overseas. They point to a range of actions they say he should have taken: confronting China, reining in unfettered trade and reworking a U.S. visa program that critics say ends up sending high-tech jobs abroad."

So the left wanted Obama to do what Trump has done.....but now it's bad?

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Myth Busters put 2 bulls in a china shop and they ran around and touched nothing. It was amazing. You can find it on Youtube.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Hey we "didn't build that" anyway Obama and the government are responsible for our success.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

shit-poop-cartoon-illustration-14501902.jpg shit-poop-cartoon-illustration-14501902.jpg
    Obama Kaepernick

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Of course I do and anyone would be stupid not to. Budget deficits have a long term impact on interest rates and can seriously hamper a businesses ability to borrow money at a reasonable rate. So, do I wake up every day wondering whether to open the doors based on the federal budget deficit? No, of course not. But to pretend it doesn't have an affect on the economy at large is naïve.

Yes, right after the worse financial crisis of our lifetimes and including the series of fiscal stimulus that was required to save the economy as a whole. Here are the numbers, we can let them speak for themselves:

2009 = 1.413 trillion
    2010 = 1.294 trillion
    2011 = 1.3 trillion
    2012 = 1.087 trillion
    2013 = 679 billion
    2014 = 485 billion
    2015 = 438 billion
    2016 = 585 billion
    2017 = 666 billion
    2018 = 833 billion
    2019 = 984 billion (projected)
    2020 = 987 billion (projected)
    2021 = 916 billion (projected)

You have spent the past three pages insisting that Trump's policies have had an "immediate" affect on the economy. If you are correct then those policies should be responsible for this marked increase in the federal deficit. I thought the tax cuts were supposed to revenue neutral? Isn't that what you guys always like to say? Where is your sense of fiscal responsibility now?

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Wealthy people have been making a shit load of money for a long time; this isn't something new and unique to the Trump administration. But if what you say is true and everyone is making a shit load of money then why do we have a gig economy where people need more than one job to make a living? Why do Amazon and Wal Mart employees have to take food stamps to make ends meet?