Clausen to Enter Draft--Brian Kelly to Interview for ND

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I think Clausen could probably use another year at ND, but there is no doubt about it...he is a good QB and will do well in the NFL.

Brian Kelly will be a good fit at ND, but I still think that CUM could suprise everyone and end up taking that job.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

heard that while listening to espn this evening. they also said stanford coach, jim harbaugh, is interviewing for the job.

weeks ago colin cowherd was talking about what a good hire kelly would be. im not so sure CUM would leave florida. can nd throw that much more money at him they could lure him from florida?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Urban Meyer would have to be an idiot to move from Florida to Notre Dame. Same for Bob Stoops. Programs like Florida and Oklahoma can easily match whatever pay that Notre Dame can offer and when you weigh the pros and cons of living in Florida vrs living in South Bend and the recruiting advantages of picking from the cream of the crop of Florida high school players its a no brainer. It has been 20+ years since the Irish was a prominent program and for 18 and 19 year old recruits Florida has a much greater recent tradition of winning. Today's kids don't give a damn about Knute Rockne or the Gipper or Ara Parsegian of even Grandma Lou Holtz

Brian Kelly (who I never heard of before this season) or the coaches at TCU or Boise State are about the best that the Golden Domers can hope for. It would really be funny to see somebody like Kelly rebuild the Irish back to some kind of national respectability and then use his Notre Dame success as a stepping stone to a really plum job in the SEC or the Big 12.

There are only a handful of name coaches who Notre Dame fans would be totally satisfied in hiring and I don't believe that Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Pete Carroll, Bob Stoops, Mack Brown, Bill Belichek or Gary Payton would take the job.

Whoever they get won't have any kind of instant success because there will be no experienced quarterback returning.

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

This is a dumb move by Clausen. He'll wind up being like the 6th QB selected...further back if Locker comes out. Bradford, McCoy, Pike, and Tebow will all get drafted before Clausen.

I have a bet with a friend that Perrilloux will actually get drafted before Clausen. Don't laugh, but Perrilloux will have a superior combine than Clausen and might be contrite enough to pull it off!

Clausen is not as good as the hype that surrounds him. But then again, Dan Snyder owns the Redskins.

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Clausen can play pro ball. Kelly would be decent for ND, but I would rather one or anothercertain coach we meet every year go there:tigereye:

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

only to screw it up when he gets that signing bonus.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

That's what everyone said about Sanchez. IMHO, its a terrible idea for college QB's to leave early.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

but it worked so well for Jamarcus Russell.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

And Bradford.

Oh, wait. . .

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

this

and that :hihi: