Clausen to Enter Draft--Brian Kelly to Interview for ND

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It worked out pretty well for JaMarcus. He was the overall #1 pick in the NFL draft so another year at LSU wouldn't have improved his draft position. He gets something like $34 million in guaranteed money under his contract. I still believe that he could be an effective NFL quarterback in the right system but he got drafted by the most dysfunctional organization in football.

Junior QBs like Clausen, Locker and Mallet need to come out in this years draft because in 2011 the NFL will institute an rookie salary cap so this is the last year they can hope to get the really big bucks right off the bat.

2. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

I still think that ND is a premier job. True, it is easier to recruit in Florida. ND coaches have to work harder for a recruit, but they can pull from anywhere and usually assemble a top class.

For what its worth, Todd McShay has Clausen rated as the #1 QB. He mentioned 3 years of starts behind a bad OL and a big arm.

Perrilloux will get drafted before one of these guys mentioned.

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Kelly to ND per ESPN

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Claussen and Tate are both leaving.

They were the entire offense.

Why anyone would want to take that job in which you are rebuilding the offense with an untested QB and a defense that was just horrible the entire time Weis was there is beyond me.

Good luck. It will more of the same.