Clausen v. Randall

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MaconGATiger, Nov 23, 2002.

1. MaconGATiger

MaconGATiger Founding Member

I said before this one was played, give Clausen a shot (many agreed). I was thankful he got his shot not because he played well (I do think he would have improved over the course of the game), but because I truly believe it had a positive impact on Marcus Randall. Credit Nick Saban for playing the psychology card here. Randall knew his job was not cemented, he knew he could be showed up, and therefore he knew he had better SHOW up tonight. I'm "cautiously optimistic" about Arkansas assuming tonight's Randall can show up in Little Rock on Friday. Along with tonight's Randall should also come TONIGHT's defense, without TONIGHT's very careless turnovers. Great game Randall! I have been critical of his performance in the past (warranted criticism I might add) but stand in full support of his efforts tonight and encouraged for Friday.

Let's dig a hole, and heat the coals, it's time for the other white meat!

Eat, Pig, SOOKIE SOOKIE now!

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I agree

I think that starting Clausen had a huge part in us winning this ball game. Yeah it sounds stupid since he didn't really do anything, but what it did do was give Randall a gut check and he showed he was ready tonight.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

2 observations:

1. Had Clausen completed the 1st pass to Myers he may have had a boost of confidence. However, after the interception into triple coverage he began throwing away from defenders as opposed to throwing to receivers.

2. I think it helped MR tremendously t watch the 1st quarter then come into the game as a replacement. All the pressre was off and he performed admirably.

Take away the 4 turnovers and the 2 "in your hands" missed interceptions and it's a rout.

Go tigers. Boucherie the Hogs.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Saban fan. I too believe that it helped marcus to watch before playing. Great game. WE WON! That makes it a great game.

5. AtlantaTiger

AtlantaTiger Freshman

Randall is more athletic and gives us more chances to make plays; Clausen will be lost in the mix next year and is not an SEC caliber QB- Hal can use him in Hammond.

6. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

PROPS TO MARCUS !!!!!!

He played his heart out last night !!!!

It was great to see CLAYTON make plays last night. It must be a frustrating season for someone with his immense talent when no one can get him the ball. I think he elevated his game last night and really helped his team. I saw a lot of determination from him last night.

Terrible news about DHenderson.

I'm just sick about DJames going AWOL from this team. Had he been in there last night, OM would have had hadly any offense at all. His absence has cost us dearly the last 4 games. Jack Hunt is a real hustler, but he doesn't have the size to play the position the way we need it played.

JMO !!