Clausen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MaconGATiger, Nov 16, 2002.

1. J2K

J2K Founding Member

Nah, bra, Ricard is skinny but he's 6'5

2. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

OH damn, that's good then !

3. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

new here

make that 6'5" and growing. i read in the advocate several months ago that two members of his family are in the 7' range...and that he is still getting taller. i think they expect him to stop growing around 6'8" but who knows??

if he doesnt work out at QB..id like to see him at WR...holy moly (thats if he can catch)

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Re: new here

Welcome Eleven, you finally found this board. 16+3-8 and I go waaaaaaay back. A really great LSU fan.

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

yeah, i just replied to one of your posts. i wish i would have known you were at the game. i can even see myself in one of those disappointing pictures you linked from tidefans....

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Ricard

is running the scout team. Like most recruits that are redshirted he has fallen off the screen. Supposedly, according to TR, he is a well liked and respected member of the team. He is very skinny but has good credintials so hopefully he can contend next year for playing time.

7. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I agree give Clausen a shot. Randall reminded me of Rohan against San Jose State a few years back. Yall remember that one don't you? When we almost got beat? I think Randall needs a year to mature mentally. He looks nervous as all hell on every snap.

And as far as the reply about the QB spot being pretty to the eyes of a potential recruit I couldn't agree more. That's one spot that definitely has no closure as to who can fill it, and I wouldn't be opposed to getting some hotshot kid in to start next year, kinda like Tommy Hodson did. I'm really hoping Lane doesn't pass up college to go to minor leagues. We could definitely use him at QB on football and 3rd base in Wally's spot for baseball. If he plays both sports he has got to be in awesome shape, which is right in line with Saban's philosophy of being the more "physical" team.

8. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i think Nall started that game and then Rohan came in and saved his butt (in typical Rohan style)....i think Ro was something like 11-11 89 yards

Ro didnt have a great auburn game, but i think we pulled him way too soon. anyway...thats a whole other story thats been talked about too much.

9. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

The one thing i like about the idea of starting Clausen next week is this: He has absolutely nothing to lose, and his lack of playing time gives him the huge asset of not truly understanding the pressure that comes with starting for an SEC team (much like Mauck had in the SEC Champ game).

Trust me guys, i watched Clausen practice everyday throughout the entire spring, and fall preseason practices. There is a reason he hasn't been given a chance yet. Mostly it is because he does not have a very strong arm. But hell, I'd rather watch somebody complete 15 5 yard passes than watch 15 overthrown deepballs.

Clausen did show that he was ready to go in and take his snaps last Saturday. He threw 6 passes, completed 3, had one drop, one smart decision to throw the ball away, and one tipped at the line. I think if nothing else he can toss the ball to some of our receivers on some short routes and let them use they're speed to make plays.

Of course, Randall probably could do the same thing, but i think he has given up on the short routes. It seems every time he drops back to pass, he is looking for the homerun route.

Part of that, I think, comes from his Auburn performance. everytime he tried to throw something over the middle or short, he got picked off.

Confidence will get a quarterback a lot further than a strong arm in my opinion, and to me, Randal is only confident with two things, his legs, and the deep ball, neither of which are getting the job done right now.