Clay Harris does it again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ScottyB28, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think Orosco finally retired this year unless he changed his mind

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

wasnt sure but i bet he shows up on some roster mid season. always happens when those pens start racking up injuries.

3. Soap

Soap Founding Member

Well to me, Dirks is now the #1 one guy. Mirer has been hit hard his last two outtings and I'm not sure what's wrong with him. He continues to pitch wild and give up lots of walks. It's just so old because he pitched so good againt South Carolina.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, Bumstead had been a dependable Sunday starter for 2 years now. I wouldn't get too down on Meier. He's shown he can pitch. He's just going through a slump right now. If it's mechanical, the coaches will fix it. It doesn't help that Determan seems to be having some problems too. Keep in mind, however, that this year's SEC is absolutely brutal. Every team is good.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

SabanFan, you are right...

everyteam in the SEC is real good and some nights a pitcher is going to be off a little in his location or change of speeds and get hit hard, every pitcher in the league may suffer at least a couple of games this season I bet. Every lineup in the SEC is loaded with good baseball players it seems and hopefully come regional time we won't have all of the SEC teams knocking each other out but that is probably what will happen.

6. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I mean look how uncharacteristicly good the Sat Aubbie pitcher was. He was lights out against our offense with a 4.5 ERA. He was pitching the game of his life, but it speaks to our ability to win the game.. Their ace is supposed play today by the way, so we will see how that goes.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lets not forget this thread. Dirks is solid as a #1 starter and Nate as the finisher of a series. Past dictates the future. lets not forget what we have learned. we are lsu fans not those who only see the last week or 2, no?

Yes I know things change and Lane has improved tremendously....yet dont forget some guys play better roles than others. Lane and Dirks have always liked the #1 or #2 role while Nate liked to settle in late. Justin can fit anywhere I think.