Climate Change

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Aug 9, 2021.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Do you know the difference between an "approximate adjustment mechanism", and a fine-tuning mechanism? CO2 and the Greenhouse gas system is a rough estimate, and operates on a scale much too large to result in a "ONE DEGREE" change in temperature.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

CLIMATE QUIZ QUESTION

Those who believe man can control earths climate therefore they belive man can adjust the temperature on earth to their liking. Currently we are being told by politicians WE are heating up the earth so vote for me I will make it cooler. If you believe that than in the future if the earth becomes too cold you must also believe politicians can make it warmer for you. Now how will they accomplish that?

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

He disagrees, obviously.

Now, as far as your own contention that mankind's contribution to atmospheric CO2 doesn't matter.... you're a moron. It's the balance that matters, not what percentage is coming from where

Obviously, and Kikicaca was correct on this: if mankind destroyed the massive CO2 sinks that are the Amazon and Boreal forests the concentration of CO2 would rise. Dramatically, in fact. The Earth would heat up, probably dramatically as well.

Balance is easy to picture. Imagine a system that produces 1000 tons of CO2 and absorbs 1000 tons of CO2. Obviously, the amount of CO2 would not grow no matter how many thousands of years. Suddenly, you begin blowing in additional CO2, let's say a ton per year. If that system does not have any ability to absorb the additional CO2 the total amount of CO2 will increase., no matter that you're only contributing one tenth of once percent per year. This is exactly what's happening on Earth. The Earth doesn't have enough carbon sink ability to outpace human CO2 production, and CO2 in the atmosphere is escalating. The graphs are easy enough to find... look them up. And there is no scientific doubt, whatsoever, that CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Control the earth's climate? Who said that we can control it? It's OUT OF CONTROL.

Change it? Ot course we can. You admitted it yourself.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There has never been balance. CO2 absorption is not a 1:1 equation. If it was, there would never have been life on this planet.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If you can change it why cant you control it?

onceanlsufan and shane0911 like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The apex of earths flora and fauna was the Triassic and Jurassic or age of the dinosaurs. There was 4000 ppm CO2 in the atmosphere and the average temperature were warm then. Today there is only 447 ppm CO2 in our atmosphere. Even a 4 year child can see the correlation. What kills plants and animals is cold and lack of CO2. All this data was taken from ice cores done by scientist from 3 different countries France, Russia and America. What destroyed the dinosaurs and abundant flora in the Triassic and Jurassic was cold and low CO2.

There is NO climate crisis. Man (in spite of what a climate clown here claims I said) CANNOT alter or CONTROL the climate. EVERY doomsday climate crisis ever predicted since the turn of the 19th century to the present has been WRONG.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

LOL.

AS IF we should accept the authority of somebody who thinks humans hid in caves from dinosaurs, and who in the last two pages of this very thread has been shown to be completely contradictory in what he spews from his keyboard.

I seriously have no idea why you're so eager to deny climate change, despite the fact that the overwhelming majority of Earth's climatologists consider you a fool. Is it because you're afraid of being cremated or something?

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Someone in the thread apparently can't read. I told him because he is dishonest and lies and distorts my post I will not debate climate with him anymore. If and only if he would answer my debate questions from my previous post will I go back to debating him. I attempted to answer his questions honestly he chose to not answer mine. Too bad he could have possible learned something.

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You would only further embarrass yourself.