Clintonites

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152108,00.html

Its amazing at what the Clinton Administration got away with for years.
    From fighting terrorism at Waco, Elian Gonzalez and not fighting terrorism
    overseas and Sandy Berger getting rid of the evidence.

If this was a republican administation instead of a bunch of Libs in office acting like the SS I'm sure things would've turned out quite differently.
    Imagine?
    A republican administration would've been on trial for each of the events
    that were totally overlooked during that administration.
    Let's not forget Clinton's pardon when he left office and took the furniture
    with him! :hihi: :grin:

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Nixon was pardoned by a Democrat president... every president is involved in suspect dealing... get over it or get the politicians out of Washington.

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Besides... it was our beloved Republican's that failed to save Terri Schiavo... Rhenquist, Greer, Jeb... all conservatives

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Whats that got to do with anything?
    Oh, must be a sore loser from the last couple of elections.. :hihi:
    I can't help it if Clinton's justice dept and the administration wasn't exactly
    honest about things.

5. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I hope you're (a) being sarcastic; or (b) weren't born in 1974.

It was Ford (R - Mich) who pardoned Nixon. Pretty much lost the 1976 Presidential race because of it - what else could explain ANYONE voting for Jimmy "Duhhhhh - Kim lied to me and used those billions I gave him to build N. Korea a nuclear arsenal" Carter.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Certainly, the liberal media would have a field day with republican indiscretions.
    They totally look over every soldier that died fighting for Clinton but George W. is a murderer for sending soldiers to Iraq.
    Clinton smoked pot... media didn't care.
    Bush has a DWI in his past and that's all they can talk about.

7. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Why are you still bashing on Clinton's administration. Shouldn't our emphasis as a nation be more concerned with the now and the future rather than the 5 years ago?

And how can you possibly say a republican administration would've been on trial for each of the events you mentioned when none of those events even come close to the quagmire that is Iraq when it's been determined we went to war with another country for no reason at all. I don't see a republican administration on trial for that. . .

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Geez, Sourdough just how important is Elian Gonzales anyway? I never gave a rat's ass then and I still don't.

And now you are imagining things. "not fighting terrorism overseas"? You really, really need to read the 9/11 Report which blows a hole in that notion. Clinton hit terrorist targets in Sudan, and Afghanistan with air and missile strikes several times including two direct attempts to kill Osama bin Ladin specifically. The Millenium bombings (a terror plot on a 9/11-scale) were uncovered and prevented by the Clinton administration. Osama was not even on Bush's radar until 9/11.

Oh, come on. When the roles were reversed, Republicans spent 8 years trying to overturn the results of two elections to get rid of Clinton. After failing to find him guilty of anything in the Whitewater investigation, the republican special investigator just switched to a prosecution of a BJ in the oval office which instigated an impeachment, in which Clinton was not convicted. I'd say Democratic payback has been very mild compared to the anti-administration tactics of the Republicans when out of office.

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Arguing that there is this vast conspiracy and the Republicans and Democrats are SO different and are treated differently is simply naive and delusional.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It should be noted that Clinton waged a air war that defeated Yuogoslavia in the Kosovo War without incurring a single American casualty, something unique in our history. The smart way of war for America is to use our overwheming naval and airpower and not put troops on the ground foolishly in a war that sees no end.

Come on! The joke of the nineties was "...but I didn't inhale". Clintons pathetic attempt to be hip was all over the media.

That's not all they talk about. Bush smoked pot, too. A lot of it by some accounts and he has consistently refused to deny his alleged cocaine use in the 80's.

I think this notion of media bias is overblown. The media jumps all over any story they can get. It is we that are biased against stories that don't fit our personal worldview.