Clippers Owner makes racist comments

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Apr 26, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

see MLB and Reds owner.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This might be a great opportunity to make some money. Who wants to buy a T Shirt with Sterling in a klan robe and hood with the team logo Ku Klux Klippers

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I love it when rich people make racist comments. It gets them out in the open and then the backlash comes. Hopefully this douche will be run out of the NBA.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It will be harder for the NBA to do to Sterling what MLB did to Marge Schott. Baseball has an anti trust exemption that the other sports don't have and they can pretty much do whatever they want. Its already costing him money though. Two major sponsors have dropped the Clippers and State Farm has suspended their deal until further notice.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Don't get your point. I am repsonding to a blanket statement that the ''gold digger'' is irrelevant in this story or not even apart of it. His true colors are now out in great detail because of her probing questions and likely release of information to the media.

6. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

As a Lakers fan I've been familiar with this fucking leech (lease the Staples Center instead of help build it eh? Cheapskate piece of shit) and trash. There's plenty out there that shows what he thinks, like his "Black History" month celebration in March where he said oh you underprivileged kids get in free for 1000, etc. His being fined for refusing to rent to minorities etc.

He has a history of this, it's not a one off. He's trash and the NBA would be better off forcing him out. While we're at it, send the team to Seattle since LA doesn't need two teams and even on a year when the Lakers are trash and the Clippers are good the town is still 90% Lakers fans. P.S. Since David Stern is gone you can go ahead and leave CP3 since he rightfully belongs to the Lakers and not your bandwagon organization.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can send CP3 back to New Orleans

MLUTiger and stevescookin like this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Exactly. Vote with your wallet. If the guy was making comments in public places and could be overheard and recorded, then he's a damn fool, being a public figure like he is. Paparazzi and cellphones are everywhere. On the other hand if the guy was in his house privately talking with his girlfriend and was secretly and illegally recorded by his ex-wife, then that's a problem, too. People have reasonable expectations of privacy.

Certainly his comments break no laws. He has only exercised free speech. The Constitution protects people against discrimination, not against being offended.

b_leblanc, GregLSU, mctiger and 2 others like this.
  9. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Oh hell no. I went to the Lakers vs Hornets playoff games a few years ago, and I was telling everyone CP3 and D12 would be Lakers ... how I wish I hadn't been right on both of those with the way they came out.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm grateful for a break in the now nauseating "news" about the lost Korean airliner...no matter how repulsive this story is.

red55 likes this.