CLM at Okie State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dudley, Oct 16, 2010.

1. dudley

dudley oops!

Good find by LSUFOOTBALL.NET. Anybody recognize the guy in The Hat. :milesmic:

2. dudley

dudley oops!

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i said it when miles was hired here, and i'll say it again. les miles did a lot at osu that was good for that program.

but what isnt mentioned in the article is the mentality of winning he brought not just to the program, but to the fan base. osu always had this "we hope we win", and knowing they were red-headed step children to ou mentality. one of if they won nothing else but the game against ou, it was a good season. but of course, that very rarely happened! miles instilled the mentality of "we CAN win". the program and the fan base were taught to believe that winning was possible. he also started a couple of traditions to help build pride and ownership. those things were continued by gundy.

miles was a hellofa motivator at osu for the program and the fan base. no matter what some may grumble, they were not unhappy with him until the faux pas of how he handled coming to lsu. it was either the year that he left or the year before, i cant remember and dont want to look it up, but osu beat both ou and nebraska since before i was born. that was a HUGE milestone for that program!

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Look at Les. He's dropped a few lbs since those days. Loved the article. Glad to see him getting some positive rep in the media, even if it is the OKC media.

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Sums it up. Gundy says Miles is a good football coach, and Gundy is a man - he's 40! so he should know.

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

actually Les Miles is 2-2 vs. OU.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mKMJVxrk0]YouTube - Let'er Rip![/ame]

Let'er Rip bitches!!!!!