clock management still an issue

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mach316, Nov 7, 2010.

1. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

I'm not going to complain about a great win, but I do take issue with time management at the end of the half. I can't understand why we leave 2 timeouts in our pocket when we clearly should have called timeout after the first down with 10 seconds on the clock. So instead of having two chances to score, we ended up having time for just one play. Although this did not impact the outcome, it very well could have made a difference had things been different.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

As I said at the half, if that's the biggest gripe at the end of the game, then we will win the game......and we did.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We had 90 yards to go and were lucky to be within a score. I don't know about Miles but I just wanted the half to end at 7-3.

4. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

This.

Remember the Washington game last year? LSU calls a bunch of timeouts while on defense hoping to get the ball back and score near the end of the half. Well, got the ball back, didn't do anything with it, gave it back to Washington, and they had enough time to score.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I disagree about a clock management issue there; I think initially the thought would be to run and get out of the half. As it turned out in fact, I think that drive helped set the tone for our O in the second half. After JJ completed the first pass to get us away from our goal line, things seemed to take on a different dimension.

Up until that last drive of the half, I believe we had only 45 yards or so of offense -- we doubled that total by the end of the half. The O seemed to develop a level of confidence after that, even though we didn't score.

:geauxtige

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Non issue

1 person likes this.
  7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Agreed.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I think that drive at the end there set the tone for the rest of the game. And the timeouts Bama gave us helped the O find something. All in all, I don't see it as a issue.

All in all, the time management was ok that game.

1 person likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I disagree also, it was best to just use what little Jefferson did right there as a confidence builder, and Les even mentioned that at half-time. If we throw an INT right there or fumble, then it likely kills any confidence JJ has going into halftime.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I disagree and thought we did a great job with it. Miles was even in a position
    in which he had too much time and was letting seconds run off at the end of the game and once before a punt- to give us more room to work with but still, we had time to burn throughout the game.