clock management still an issue

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mach316, Nov 7, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's because you have an agenda. You don't like Miles. A loss is a loss. Would you be happier if Miles managed the clock to perfection and then we missed a chip shot field goal to lose?

2. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Man, you ain't kiddin'. I about fell out of my chair when Jefferson threw that first pass into traffic. That could have been a disaster. Then, after going through all that trouble and risk, to just let the clock expire was pretty strange. If you are content to let the clock expire, why throw it from your own 20 with :40 left?

Reminded me a bit of the Georgia game last year, when LSU sat on the ball at the end of the half at Georgia's 40.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

let me get this straight....

you would rather a loss from a player error or miss than a win with a coch error?

:huh:

4. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Yeah, but not as much as when we loose a close game.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

which is why i asked. that was how it read to me.

6. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I respect your opinion, but we were not trying to run the clock down. We did throw the ball the last play of the half. We converted a first (a short run on 3rd and 1), and JJ got under clock with 10 seconds left, first and ten. He threw the ball with about 4 seconds left. IF we call a timeout, and we complete a pass, we have time to take another timeout after the completion and go for a field goal or a bomb.

It is not a big deal. I am quite used to it by now. I accept that clock management is a weakness of our coaching. I support them anyway.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

All just depends on how you think. As I said in another thread... perception.

I really don't see a "wrong" call there, no matter which way it would have played out is all I was saying, whereas there are others that would say he did it wrong, no matter what he did. All a matter of opinion.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah i agree with this, i think any decision that doesn't result in a turnover, or Alabama points was a good decision.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, then, I can't help you.