Clue me in. Who is the rival?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LawAg03, May 3, 2003.

1. LawAg03

LawAg03 Freshman

Who is the biggest rival for LSU? I'm guessing it's Arkansas, but they aren't a traditional power in the SEC West. I'm sure Ole Miss is a big game, and I know a lot of LSU fans don't like Auburn.

Personally, I'm going to be happy whenever LSU beats Bama. I also don't care for Arkansas much, but that goes back to my dislike for them in the old SWC days.

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I would go with Auburn, I think the battle of the tigers has become a huge game in the past 15 years, with all the wierd things that seem to happen. earthquake game, fire game, cigar smoking, Duval vs Band......i could go on and on

3. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

I would have to say we don't have an official Rival. It's a three way tie with Auburn, Ole Miss and Arkansas.

4. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

That is the worst thing about having no state school on LSU's level. Our top rivals all have a rival bigger than us.

5. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

i forgot about Tulane, but it's not much of a Rivalry anymore, especially in football.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Except Arkansas. With our game against them last year, we could start a true rival with some intense games....

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

LSU vs Auburn is the one game I look forward to the most. If I could only go to one LSU game a year, it would be when we play Auburn.

8. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

I would have to say it is Auburn now. So many wierd things happen between Auburn and us.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Auburn Auburn Auburn....

10. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Our rival?

Whoever is on the opposite sideline on Saturday... :)

Seriously, we don't have a rival. And we don't need one or want one. Whoever is next on the plate our fans tend to get fired up with about the same intensity that other fans get for their rival. Every game is an emotional roller coaster. We have a passionate fan base. :)