Clue me in. Who is the rival?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LawAg03, May 3, 2003.

1. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

chuck, youre right...but the 911 thing...i dont remember that happening.

we were chanting auburn sucks the whole night...not just why yall were singing some song. its kind of a big place that Tiger Stadium....sometimes we dont know when things like that take place..if you know what i mean.

im pretty sure that we as fans didnt start saying "auburn sucks" to ruin a song devoted to a fallen man. that doesnt make sense....now, if it were right after half time...or during half time when whats his face (the kicker) did what he did...then hmm...you'd think that it was because of that...and not because of a song a very small minority of the stadium was singing....

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Chuck, you must be related to the Iraqi Information Minister. You manage to put a Auburn spin on everything. It is quite amusing, though.

It will be a long time before The Tube gets any respect in Baton Rouge. Maybe if he gave all 91,000 of us a cigar after this years game and bought a steak dinner for the Tiger Band. That would be cool.

But he's not public enemy number 1. Franchione gained that honor when he foolishly believed an already-exposed internet hoax and refused to shake Nick's hand after the Bammer game last year. An LSU/A&M rematch is likely going to happen soon.

Good to hear from you again. Allah Akbar!

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Auburn sucks! Its the biggest rival for me because of the way I and alot of LSU fans were treated this past season in Auburn. I hate the entire state of Alabama. I have for most of my life and will continue to!

4. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Auburn treated us badly last season at the game. First off I was on the SG bus trip up there which was cool. It got bad because they made us part about 2 miles away from the stadium next to a corn maze(No Joke). Their reason for this, "safety". Then we had to hike in the wet muddy ground all the way to the stadium. Conventiently the path had to go right through the majority of the Auburn tailgaters. The only cool thing was when the entire group of LSU fans started yelling Tiger Bait to the Auburn fans. One in the stadium they got pissed at us because we were not sitting in our seat right. The space we had was not big enough for all of us and we were packed in like sardines. Then after the game, well in the 4th quarter when most of us were heading back to the busses Auburn fans were yelling at us a shouting sometimes mean worded coments at us. To make things worse I got lost on the way back at ended up at the busses with shoes and socks soaking wet and covered in mud. I have to say that Auburn is the worst college town I have ever seen. It has taken College Station out of the #1 spot.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I was on that trip too. I was wondering if the busses would be able to get out of that mudpit.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Sounds like that path they set you guys up on was intentional and I think both sides are having trouble letting go of the animosity that has been building the last few years. I know they made a big deal out of a few isolated cases before the game in BR when we beat them for the West 2 years ago. I still hate Tubby regardless of Chuck's assertions and I'll be at the Auburn game this year. However, I'm going to make it a point to treat their fans respectfully because I know there will be some "bad apple" Tiger (the real Tigers) fans harrassing them. Although those Aubbie fans have trouble talking sports without bringing Bama into the equation (like A&M with UT), they have a lot of decent fans that are good people. We were treated well when we made the trip in '98? (31-16 LSU) but you can't expect for the hosts to be hospitable. This is freaking SEC football for crying out loud. Profanities will be thrown around from both sides and every team has their share of jerks.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

And according to some betteries will be thrown:rolleyes: