CNN refuses to talk about the Massachussets Election

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

All they talk about is Haiti (which I can easily understand the coverage).

But I have turned to that channel often over the past 24 hours and never have seen them talking about the ramifications of the Republican winning the Senate seat.

That is not a legit news organization anymore.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

That is an issue they try to stay away from.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

They didn't seem to cover it much the night of the election either. It was weird.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Thats funny because I watched CNN and they had Caffrety and a few other people discussing it last night. You have some very wild claims and opinions at times. :huh:

But i'll entertain you. Probably 200k people dying in an earthquake vs special senate election (which they have covered)
    hmmmm where's the weight with this situation.

there internet is so wonderful
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/20/coakley.brown/index.html?hpt=Sbin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSwUzPz0SJE

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hello???? John Edwards fathered a child out of wedlock. I mean come on, thats priority man, news organizations would much rather cover the real news, like politicians personal lives. sad but true.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

John Edwards is a dispicable human being. As far as I'm concerned, he's the worst of all because he admits to having a child out of wedlock while cheating on his terminally ill wife TO SELL A BOOK! I couldn't look at myself in the mirror after that.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

this^

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

maybe his terminally ill wife couldn't give him the lovin that he needed. :lol:

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I dont think you can use the Haiti situation to explain away CNN's lack of coverage/commentary/analysis post election. In the days leading up to the vote a significant portion of each hours programming was dedicated to election coverage despite the Haiti situation being in full bloom. The night of the election was largely spent covering the events/speeches/etc but not as much commentary and analysis as MSNBC and FOX where offering. Last night there was only sparse coverage. I did see Cafferty and a small segment about Browns press conference but it was disproportionate to their pre-election coverage. Considering most of the country was all wrapped up in what happened CNN's lack of post election coverage is a disappointment. They are not giving this news the proper attention in spite of the magnitude and ramifications of what happened. I generally like CNN's news coverage but they dropped the ball yesterday on post election analysis.

10. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

yup. that was her masterplan. to get cancer and nearly die just so she does not have to give him a hummer every once in a while. The dude is an f'ing scumbag. He is proving he is a typical politician.