CNNSI has Brady James as a 1st round pick

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Feb 17, 2003.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I like the two Saints picks.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Saints definitely need help on the defensive side of the ball.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I bet they trade down on one of those picks to pick up an extra pick. It would be nice if they could pick up Brady after trading down. I would like to see LSU have a bigger presence with the Saints.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think the Saints should not be influenced by school affiliation when deciding who to pick. They should do what they think is best for the team.

And taking a local fan favorite like Bradie James could actually be bad for the team. It's likely that he will need a year or two being a backup and learning the system before he starts playing full time. Imagine the public uproar if they took Bradie and next year the guy playing in front of him isn't playing well but still is the starter because Bradie is a rookie and needs time to learn. It's a lot of pressure that could be detrimental to both the team and Bradie. What would be best is if he can go to a team where he can play right away and then sign with the Saints as a free agent after 3 or 4 years.

6. dallastigers

He may be best for the team after trading down. That was the point. I did not say they should pick him just because he went to LSU. I just said I would like the Saints to have a bigger LSU presence. It would make them more appealing to me. I am a Dallas fan more than a Saints fan but still do like the Saints. I actually tried to pay attention to New England and Buffalo this year because of Rohan, Jarvis, and Josh. I could have cared less about them before.
    I do not think there would be an uproar if he did not play. The Saints are the Saints. People expect them to do stupid stuff, and people will complain about everything they do or do not do. There would not be anything detrimental to either side. If we were talking about QB's I could see your point but we are talking about LBs.
    If Brady is available for a Saint's pick where he shows up on their chart as being the best available player, they would be stupid not to take him regardless of whether he was a local favorite or not. But then again these are the Saints. Gotta to love them.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Bradie would be a great pickup for the Saints, even if he wasn't a Tiger. The saints need help all over their D and James would help...

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

That's a sad but true quote!

And I wasn't trying to imply that the Saints shouldn't take him no matter what. I was just saying they shouldn't take him just because he's from LSU. If he is the best player available for the Saints needs and they have a pick, it would be great if they took him.

9. dallastigers

I think we just misunderstood each other.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Actually I think Local talent helps in ticket sales.

I got NFL sunday ticket last year. Why, for the sole purpose I can watch Josh Reed with the Bills.
    And each week I would watch most of the bills game to follow him.

Now does that equate to wins, well who knows but I do think local talent or favorites (See Jake "The Snake" in Phoenix) it helped sell tickets since he was a Arizona Sun Devil.