Coach Bashing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

I just want to know if the same people that are bashing Coach Miles right now are the same ones that were for so long bashing Coach Brady? :) Is this the same vocal group that wanted to get rid of Brady, but now love him? I have not made up my mind about Coach Miles, but I don't want to jump the gun and get rid of him now. I think he can grow into the job, just like I think Tubberville has grown into his job at Auburn. :lsup: :champs:

2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Im not big on Miles, but Im willing to give him a year or two more to see if he can do the job. But if this year is a sign of things to come, then he's gotta go. My two biggest knocks on Miles is the fact that our team doesn't look ready to play in big games and his game management at the end of close games. I hope he was watching the Saints yesterday, cause that was the perfect display of game management on that last drive. No sacks taken and no dumb timeouts. But Miles can correct that and I think(hope) he will. I think he just hasn't realized yet that the SEC ain't the Little 12. Oh, and I still don't like Brady.

3. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Not a big fan of Brady but got to give him credit, final 4 last year, this year looks good and recruiting is gone well.

4. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

Miles deserves next year to prove himself.

5. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I think this explains a lot about Miles:

SEC Coaching records since 2005 season:

Les Miles (LSU): 16-4
    Tommy Tuberville (AU): 15-4
    Urban Meyer (UF): 15-4
    Mark Richt (UGA): 15-4
    Mike Shula (UA): 15-4
    Steve Spurrier (USC): 11-7
    Phil Fulmer (UT): 10-7
    Houston Nutt (Arky): 9-8
    Bobby Johnson (VU): 8-10
    Rich Brooks (UK): 6-12
    Ed Orgeron (UM): 5-13
    Sylvester Croom (MSU): 5-13

Also, Miles is the only coach not to lose to an unranked team. Take that with a grain of salt, knowing that UT was #10 at the time we played them, but it's the truth as much as it is true that Auburn lost to an unranked Arkansas.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i guess what i really don't understand is this: do any of you bashers think that somehow your willingness to "give him one more year" or the fact that "i'm not completely sold on him" or other such tripe has any effect on CLM? does your opinion somehow make or break his week? do any of you seriously think that your disapproval will somehow turn him into the coach you want him to be? that is so laughable it is pathetic...... i seriously question the sensibility of many of the haters on this board.....tell you what......all of you line up in the morning and i'll pi$$ on your wheaties and really give you something to moan about.......spoiled brats :cuss:

7. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

He is reading right now, along with Bush, trying to figure out his approval rating. LOL:)

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Saw in the advocate yesterday we picked up a commitment from a 7'2 junior in hs. Forgot his name but I wouldn't want to be shooting over him- bet he is a shot-blocking machine in the high school ranks.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He is also called Baby Shaq. James Tyler 4-star recruit from Florida. 7-2 325 or 7-1 360 dont know which is true but I know he weighed 400 pounds at on time.:eek:

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I don't open the bashing threads anymore. Until something happens that deserves the tearing down of the coach I'll continure to ignore the blatently ingnorant.