Coach Brady's letter in todays Reveille

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 4, 2003.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

But talking about his personal life it worthless. Who in this day and age hasn't been divorced? If he can have a hot girlfriend, more power to him.

So LSU has lost 2 games they were "supposed" to win recently, they just happened to fall in between games they were "supposed" to lose. Losing at Arky was poor, but any road games in the SEC is not a given. Ole Miss at home was very bad, no excuses for that. But Florida at home and MSU & Bama on the road are just not games that this team will win very often.

Now were moving into a part of the schedule that has more managable games in it. I think we can put together a little winning streak and get things turned around.

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Brady probably reads this board

He is just taking Tuhoo's ideas and trying to build up attendance at the games. First it was bobble head dolls and this week a letter to the students. Hope Tuhoo appproves of these inovative ideas. hmmm maybe they were suggested by Tuhoo. ;)

3. -T-

-T- Founding Member

I think the problem with Brady having girlfriends is that you aren't supposed to have girlfriends and be married at the same time.

Death Valley... please don't go calling other LSU fans fair weather fans. At this point having full support for Brady and thinking he is doing everything right is worse than anything. I think the players feeling like sh*t reference can describe what the players feel after Brady tears into them after every single play and does as much as possible to embarass the guy.

As for the people on this board who criticize Brady's coaching, most all go to the games and have been to most of this season. Saban fan is the only one who I don't think has been to many games or is at least basketball knowledgable. He tends to just make smartass remarks if you get into talking basketball technically.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Is he married? I looked at his bio on LSU Sportsnet and it mentioned kids but no wife.

And I think it would be a good idea to allow people to move down to empty season ticket holder seats after some point in the 2nd half. It would make the for a better atmosphere if the students packed up to the rafters could move down and get in the opposing players' heads.

5. -T-

-T- Founding Member

You see Mike D. when you are married and you have other girlfriends, you get a divorce. then you aren't married anymore.

are you really not aware of all the crap brady does off the court?

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

the personal life thing...has nothing to do with his divorce, in fact, i didn't know he was divorced......he has pulled a Curley Hallman (my latter days at lsu) since being at LSU, i find it hilarious....he obviously doesn't have his head in the right place.

forget the game by game analysis. to be a contender in the SEC you have to win at home....if you are a contender you do not lose at home. look at Fla v Kentucky tonite.

Defense has totally vanished from this team. damn near same guys for the past 4 years and it has gotten worse....makes no sense.

Offense...same as above on defense. but have to add that every team packs a zone against us since the first Msu game. since then we do not run an offense we pass the ball around the parameter until the shot clock is below 10. run an offense do something.

recruting/depth.....we have a full compliment of players this year and 2 players contribute beyond what we had last year. there is no excuse for that. I commend brady for how he handled Johnson. I don't know what happened with Trask and Gipson is not his fault. But, he should know the type of player he is getting....especially under the current circumstances. he has no room for error at this point.

player development - Temple has gotten worse...much worse. Hudson worse. Bright and Dupree their typical stuff look like world beaters for a minute then egg beaters the next. a player should progressively get better through his college career and it isn't happening. the scariest one is Bright he has flat out fallen apart....he did have a decent run in the Ala game. but the whole Bright/Wipple issue.....you shouldn't have to sit/move your PG b/c of defense when he is a senior......that shit should be worked out by sophmore year.

player handling - the screaming/cursing obviously doesn't work. Look at Dupree's comments in the paper sunday....they have no respect for him. that shouldn't happen especially seniors.

shooting - this is something i don't blame him for. if the guys can't make the shots he can't shoot it for them.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Not really, it's not like there are many articles in the paper about Brady's girlfriends.

8. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Originally posted by-T-
    I think the players feeling like sh*t reference can describe what the players feel after Brady tears into them after every single play and does as much as possible to embarass the guy.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to to sound like i'm kissing up to Brady because I will admit that he has problems in his coaching but I think that the players bring some of the crap they get upon themselves. In the Arkansas and Florida games game we were horrible shooting free throws. This is a key fundamental that you should not screw up. You can't shoot 40% at the line and expect to win the game. If we hit more of our free throws in the Arkansas game we just might have won the game. That being said I feel Brady needs to find a true starting line up that will work with are team. We have yet to find a combination thats works. Also he needs to try and use more plays that you would not find in at junior high game. I say give the man more time to try and turn it around. If only wins 2 or 3 games out of the last 9 then I say we need to evaluate our head coaching position.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Here I am minding my own business and shi-T-head takes a shot at me. I do not profess to be a basketball wizard. That's exactly the point. I leave coaching up to the Coaches. I am an LSU fan and I support the team and coaches. Let's see your basketball resume asshole.

10. -T-

-T- Founding Member

but if anybody says anything bad about Brady you call them names or tell them they don't know what they are talking about or something along those lines. You leave coaching up to the coaches, yet have no idea if they are doing a good job or not. You think the fact that they are the coach of lsu means they are a good coach. I was just pointing out that you are one of the few who are normally in the basketball conversations who don't have much to offer except smartass worthless remarks. Your name calling helps prove my point. thanks.