Coach Fran selling inside info via email

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pharpe, Sep 28, 2007.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Have y'all seen this:
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA092807.01D.FBC.Aggies.Franchione.en.34050d6.html

The email got exposed on texags when someone wrote a post asking how to get on the mailing list.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=930399&forum_id=5

This is the same board that broke the whole Bomar scandal.

1 person likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Selling inside info about his team? Incredible. Just another example of the lack of integrity this guy has.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

This is absolutely unbelievable. This guy really has some nerve, selling private info for his own site. I can't imagine this is going to sit very well with the powers that be at aTm.

It cracks me up how, just like the Bomar situation at Texags, this story got broken because of an innocuous question, followed by blasting by fellow Texags, THEN it got legs when it was found to be legit. They've somehow stumbled onto two fairly big scandals almost entirely by accident.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Wow! It doesn't shock me that a coach would share details of the program with big boosters, but to have an e-mail that they have to pay for & without the AD's knowledge... you're just asking for trouble.

5. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

Leave Coach Fran alone!

I posted this on a thread awhile ago, but in case you missed it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svrQIxdaf7k

Check out his stuffed Reveille! Awesome

Yea, um, maybe you shouldnt personally profit off of the college team you coach.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I couldn't believe I just heard about it. A co-worker IMed me the link earlier today.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It goes further than just "asking for trouble" with the AD. There is a good chance he is asking for the feds to look at what he's been doing as well. Depending on how detailed the injury information he's been sending out is, he very well could have violated the government statutes outlined in HIPPA.

Here's where the story gets interesting.

When word got out that he and aTm were in talks during his last season at Alabama we found out that there were three or four domain names that had been purchased dealing with variations of his "Friday with Fran" website. Those domain names were purchased by the 12th Man Foundation, one of the booster organizations at aTm. Now the statements by Franchione and McKensie (his publicist) state the money from those "reports" was used to finance the web-site?

Maybe I'm off base here, but I have a hard time seeing an Aggie booster club organization needing help funding a web site.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

The want of money is the root of all evil.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

wow. before i even read halfway down it wreaked of inside gambling info. I also began wondering if fran has been making money off these crappy performances of his players by how he goes out of his way to say average speed, injuries, etc. who else would give a f about that otherwise.

this has tim donaghy written all over it I believe. nice time to retire frances.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

After their dismal loss to Miami on Thursday, it looks to me like one of the 12 biggest Aggie supporters decided to make sure Fran was released by the end of the year. If you're a top head coach, would you want to associate yourself with such a den of iniquity? I think the Aggie nation is hurt by this just as much as Fran is hurt by it. If I'm making 1.5 mil a year and happy where I am, no way I go to aTm for 2 mil a year.

Stinks for Fran, stinks on the part of the aTm biggest boosters also, IMO.

Stinks all the way around. It just stinks...

Peeeee Yeeeeewwwwww.....

I wonder if they owe him his buyout if he was pursuing activity unbecoming the university? Was mr big booster approached to anti up part of the buyout, and figured he'd save himself a couple mil? Darn poor way to go at it, even if you decided you didn't like the coach anymore.

Lil Peyton Place over there...

Stink, Stink, Stink... :dis: :(

Man, that's one ugly incident.

1 person likes this.