Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by covtowntiger, Oct 21, 2007.

1. covtowntiger

covtowntiger Founding Member

Truly tired of the coach Miles bashing. All the guy has done is win football games. No he is not perfect, but he is a good coach. I think too many people on here are drinking LSU koolaid, yes we are talented but some people act like we have the Patriots talent and every one else is Varnado high school. The talent level of these SEC teams is a lot closer than people think, in the SEC it is not about dominating, show me when it has been. It is about surviving. I think Miles is a good coach, not the greatest, but just maybe the best for our fighting Tigers.

2 people like this.
  2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

You know what I like about CLM? He plays to WIN. We've lost very few games in the Miles era.

I sometimes wonder if we aren't just a bit spoiled these days?

Good times won't last forever. Enjoy them while they last.

THESE are the Good Old Days.

:eek:ldskule:

3. hpmcdaniel

hpmcdaniel Founding Member

We are spoiled and no matter how well LSU plays we the fans think the team can do MUCH better. We always find fault.

4. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

There's always room for improvement, but we need to enjoy these GOOD TIMES. Trust me, they never last long enough.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

5. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

Yeah, some people must forget this is the SEC and these are just college kids. I was getting quit pissed when reading the comments on here about how Miles should go to Michigan and Bo should go to Nebraska.

Being a lifelong Saints fan you appreciate wins however they come. It doesn't have to be total domination every single game on every single play.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I pretty much agree with you guys but I don't think we are just spoiled.
    I actually think that some like myself thought we were better than what we actually are especially on defense.
    We played lights out against MSU and Va Tech and pretty good against a good USC team!
    But since then we have seen a few signs of that team matter of fact opposing teams are 17 of 17 against us in the red zone.
    WE are lucky and I'll take that but I am concerned about this down the road.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A lot of fans, especially the younger ones are selfish and are only interested in how the LSU performance affects their good times. They don't understand the concept of a 60 minute game. It's instant gratification or nothing at all. Next time you see a 2 year old with a candy bar, grab it from him. You'll get the same reaction, even after you give it back.

1 person likes this.
  8. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

I couldn't agree more Sourdoughman, what pisses me off more than anything else is knowing that they "are" better than that, trust me from a personal standpoint here, from my experience playing the game, these kids know it too.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

9. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I'm happy I'm not sitting here depressed because we missed a field goal or had one blocked. We won the game and that's all that matters. This team is metal tested now. It's maturing right before our eyes. :geauxtige

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Then you should understand that there's another team on the field that wants to win just as badly.