Coach Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by covtowntiger, Oct 21, 2007.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You need to relax and quit listening to the doomsayers. 8 games played and one loss on the road in 3 OT's against a pretty good team. Parity is here with a vengeance and we need to learn that winning is good, regardless of how it plays out,

2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Sabanfan, you really ARE "the voice of wisdom".

:eek:ldskule:

3. covtowntiger

covtowntiger Founding Member

winning is good, regardless of how it plays out
    Is that a haiku.
    lol

4. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

I've been lucky to experience all of the good times of LSU. I transfered to LSU from UNO and the first game I watched was LSU beating TN in the SEC Championship. I was never a fan of college football until coming to LSU, now I'm hooked!

I've been a Saints fan as long as I can remember so I know how bad it can get.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Actually I haven't been on here but once or twice a week in some time.
    I haven't listened to any doomsayers.
    I watched enough football to know that if you can't stop teams in the red zone or slow them down you usually don't lose just one game but we could be the first!:)

6. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

All season long I have been a STAUNCH supporter of Miles and his staff. What I have a problem with when it comes to games like today is looking like a high school team on occasion. Not getting the play called in time and then the offense is running around with their hands out looking like they don't know what to do next. Not able to get set because the play came in late and there is motion and we can't get the motion right because the play came in late and we get a penalty for not being set. Things like that happened several times tonight and we had to burn time outs. It didn't bite us tonight but crap.......we need to get our act together.

If we straightened some of those things out maybe we start LOOKING like a top three program.

Don't get me wrong THE WIN WAS AWESOME and I love how this team battles. Just frustrated.

1 person likes this.
  7. TigerFan87

TigerFan87 Founding Member

There is no coach that I'd rather have. Les Miles = Winner!

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The funny thing about this is that I don't remember this happening in the first three games of the season.
    You usually expect this happening then and not during the middle of the season.

Yes, I am happy with the win, hopefully we can correct some of these problems and I am glad some of the really tough games are behind us!
    (I think!):confused:

9. covtowntiger

covtowntiger Founding Member

What about us doesn't look like a number 3 team? Penalties, last time I checked every team has penalties. Stupid timeouts, yeah most teams have those covered also. But you know what some of those teams don't have? A 7-1 record playing in the SEC. It's football, I do agree with you it does need to be cleaned up, but I think myself and 90% of america thinks we are at least #3.

10. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

If we keep playing like this EVERY game is going to be tough.