Coach O headed to LSU - Unofficial News Reports

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Dec 30, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree wholeheartedly.

2. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I think charlie may be on to something because the quality of coaches in the SEC will not be here forever. Miles does want to be at Michigan, Urban Myer wants the ND job, and Saban would love the Ohio St. or Penn St. job. When these open and the timing is right they will bolt. Enjoy it while its here, they are building us a stronger conference. The only one of these three that ever showed any class is Miles, so I could be wrong on that one. I think he really loves LSU and has showed his loyalty already and his struggle with principle may overrule his desire.:milesmic:

1 person likes this.
  3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ive already had this convo with a friend. rr is gonna bomb at mich and mich could very well come calling. the big question is will miles listen or continue to be comfy with what he has here and stay. personally, i hope he stays.

but all of that is speculation for the future, and as i also said when i had had this conversation last night, for now, i am gonna focus on the visions of crystal eggs dancing in my head.

4. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Apparently Saban has had this conversaton recently too, as he's already lobbying for a return.:lol:

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Re: Coach O headed to LSU

Didn't I hear that he may not have a choice due to grades ? I guess thats not an issue if he's playing 2nite.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Not to derail this thread but yall assuming RR will fail at UM are getting a little ahead of yourselves. He took over a program in shambles (lost to a IAA team at home the year before) Plus he is installing a completely new offensive philosophy. It takes time to bring in the right athletes to run that and to teach the vets how to play it. He's got a pretty nice class going so far.

Also, remember that at UWV he was responsible for the biggest turn around in Big east history going from 3-8 in 2001 to 9-4 in 2002. He has also been successful prior to that. Developed Shawn King and installed the offensive at Tulane that lead to an undefeated season Went to to straight bowl games while OC at Clemson. And you can't say he was just riding Tommy Bowdon on all that because look at how well Bowdon has done since.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

We know one thing for sure: Miles will do it in a manner different from what Saban did it.

I'm hoping that the should the timing be right for Miles to leave the timing is right for Saban to return.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Really? I'd think a scenario like that would be the same as re-marrying the cheating whore that slept with all of your friends the first go around... why would you wanna do it to yourself again?

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

While I don't necessarily submit to the whore analogy here, I do agree with the overall thought that Saban coming back to LSU is not a good idea for either side. I doubt that is his personal desire (unless his wife is not content in ALA). Billy Joel once said, "you can't go back to the greasers," meaning once you move on you need to move on and not try to relive the glory days.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Unless news reports lie (can't imagine that happening), it's no secret Saban and his wife hate it in Tuscaloosa. She has been reported to say numerous times how much she misses it in Baton Rouge, and great the people and area was. And he has been reported to say, (like the video shows) that he misses LSU and the biggest mistake he ever made was leaving LSU. So I think his tenure will be up in Tuscaloosa sooner then later, but I don't want him back in P&G.