Coach O headed to LSU - Unofficial News Reports

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Dec 30, 2008.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The good news is that Tennessee doesn't typically come into Louisiana to steal recruits. To me, this would be much worse if it were an alabama or mississippi school like it was the first time around.

2. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Well I don't think they are paying him that amount just for his D-line prowess.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

He didn't do much damage when he was at Ole Miss. He won't do much damage at Tenn. He may pull a fella or two from John Curtis or something. But as long as the LSU staff plays it straight with the rest of the LA high school coaches and families, I think few people in the country are going to do well in Louisiana. Every now and then they'll pull one, but it will contninue to be rare.

4. mobius481

You're right. I seem to remember him getting some recruits from us but if he did they were out of state recruits. I guess maybe he kept the MS kids in state that we usually got. Either way, I think we're in pretty good shape recruiting wise.

5. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

I also agree here, that he will be ineffective for the most part on La recruits, but you know Tenn plans otherwise.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

If it is truly his dream job, don't you think you would have chosen it over Florida? These days it's hard to imagine ND being anyone's dream job. More of a coaching graveyard.

7. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Well, for one thing, DC Chavis has closer ties with North Louisiana HS Coaches than Coach O No. So I wouldn't be too worried about it.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I notice that's the sentiment with many about the ND position.

But Why? Weis has recruited it to the hilt and has finished top 5 every year.

He just can't coach.

They need to pick a great coach is all.

Urban Meyer would be their answer, plain and simple. But do they eat several million from Weis (which he should forfeit, actually) and then pay Meyer even more money to entice him to come over?

We shall see after next season.

9. mobius481

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081120/COLUMNISTS0306/811200343/1065/SPORTS

Read the whole article, it's good. In part:

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The haven't lately, but they haven't really been doing that well either. Having spoken to a couple of guys, walking out on the field in Knoxville and seeing that huge stadium can have an overwhelming affect on a recruit. Adding Orgeron to that affect can only be good for UT.

Timing. It wasn't a good move for his family. He'll make the jump after his kids start going off to college though I bet.

Daughter #1 is leaving the nest next year: http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=881113