Coach O

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Woodward allowed the Sumlin era to burn down to embers then made his move so he apparently has the patience of Job.

2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Well be prepared to go 4-8 thus year. I normally stock up on Octoberfest beers at this time of the year because it is my favorite style of beer. I may have to double my 6-7 case stock to insure I have enough to endure a losing season and carry me thru the spring. Additionally, my monthly buy of Woodford Reserve might become biweekly.

3. Don Castavez

Oh I was a young pup during Curly years . You couldn’t pay me to put my ass in that stadium now . Parking sucks , food sucks, rap music blaring sucks and yes team SUCKS .
    Tiger Stadium whored itself out to corporate America and there aren’t 5 people among the 102k there ( who leave early if somebody farts early) who could tell you who Bert Jones Andy Hamilton Ronnie Estay Or George Bevan were . ( my childhood heroes)

JaxTigFan and tzanghi like this.
  4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I feel personally attacked by the last sentence. But also agree that Tiger Stadium has gone downhill even in my shorter tenure as a fan so far.

Don Castavez likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

He would make himself so radioactive in the coaching community even O isn't that dumb. It would get bad for him here at home.

His kids would never get a coaching gig ever again either.

tirk and TBTrumpet like this.
  6. Don Castavez

Well times change but trust me . That place had more juice with only 68k. The place went to shit when East upper deck came in .

7. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

Yep!!!

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I am going to give Kiki credit. The dude backed the coaching staff when people were falling off the wagon to the point of ridiculous arguments. But, he held firm until he saw what convinced him that it is time for a change. If Kiki is convinced that change is in order, O is done.

There ain't no doubt about it.

LSU_4_LIFE, TBTrumpet and Hou-duco like this.
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

It is a good thing that Woodward is not tied to O. But what the fuck, Tap said O can't hire his assistant coaches. So, is this on Woodward?

tzanghi likes this.
  10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Woodward is a politician.

He played the game the way you play it didn't he?

At what point before now could he fire O without any criticism? He won't get one bad word now getting rid of him in the press.. and who knows what he's got stored away to make the divorce much easier for LSU to stomach?

The only criticism is the raise but he just authored the best season ever. Coaches watch and want to see that shit rewarded so if it was them they get the same thing or better.

Sucks for us all who knew he needed to go a while ago.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.