coach smoke....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gorillaball90, Apr 3, 2006.

1. gorillaball90

gorillaball90 Freshman

I am very unsure about Smoke. One part of me says he is lazy and the other part of me says he will come through. I have been to his baseball camp and I have to say he knows an extreme amount about baseball and has made me a better player. But he would only come around every now and then and usually when I saw him he was eating a pb&j sandwich. Do you guys think he should stay or go. And if he goes who would be the best man for the job?

GEAUX :tigbas:

2. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

He did however teach the team how to barbeque....but thats about it!

He needs to tell his players to have confiedence and play for themselves not to keep up the tradition.

Adam

3. LSU0596

LSU0596 Respect

Skip needs to pull a Ron Polk and put the uni back on! The old man's got years and life left in him. Screw going out on top and get back in the game.
    He did what we needed in taking over the AD job to help get us back on top in Football. He needs to help find a new AD and get his cripled ass back on the diamond!
    But hey this is just my opinion.

4. TomE

TomE Founding Member

Coach Bertman will be back next year on the diamond he will stay for probably 2 years get the program back in shape then they hire either Bianco (Ole Miss) or Wells (Bama).

5. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

this sounds too good to be true! but its got my vote anyway.

6. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

Sounds familiar - rumor I heard this weekend: Smoke is retiring at the end of the year. Skip's already going after Bianco. Take it for what it's worth

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'm all for Skip coming back for a couple of years and would also love to have Ray Tanner.

8. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

I work with Kevin Shipp and Trey McClure, and they have basically said the same thing. The alums want Bianco.

9. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

Why does everyone want Bianco??? Yeah, he's an LSU alumnus, so what??? Has he taken Ole Piss to the CWS?? No!!

If Smoke leaves, Skip needs to go after a proven head coach that has taken his teams to the level that LSU fans are accustomed.

My wish list would be as follows:

Ray Tanner (South Carolina) - He took over a pitiful program and turned it into an annual CWS contender.

George Horton (Cal St. Fullerton) - He's maintained an excellent program and won a NC.

Andy Lopez (Arizona) - He won a NC at CSF, and he's made Arizona a contender.

Rick Jones (Tulane) - Like Tanner, he took over a pitiful program and turned it into a winner. He's been to two CWS, and unlike Smoke, he's won games there. His hiring would also remove a major thorn in LSU's in-state recruiting.

10. TigerBaseball

TigerBaseball Freshman

What happens to the recruits that Smoke is bringing in next year if there is a coaching change?