Coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigereyed, Oct 3, 2007.

1. tigereyed

tigereyed Freshman

Hey guys, first post. Trying to figure out what's going on with the coaching situation. I hear about an alleged shake-up, surely it's just rumor. I figured someone here could help me not get too excited. Thanks in advance!

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

^^^^:lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^

3. tigereyed

tigereyed Freshman

ummm...what?

4. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

If Miles DOES leave......Here is the scenario...

Im NOT going to be the LSU coach.

Im NOT going to be the LSU coach.

Then there is the headline,

"Coach Nick Saban named new LSU head coach"

Quote: "It wasnt about the money, its just that my heart is at LSU"

:hihi:

Miles IS going to stay!!!:thumb:

5. tigereyed

tigereyed Freshman

You really think he's gonna stay, 'Cane? And by the way, I don't think it was such a bad thing after all that Saban left. I just think he was a very good recruiter, let's be honest you have to give him that. But do you think he's as good a coach as CLM?

1 person likes this.
  6. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

Here's my take on it:

The good news is that he will either leave this year or he will be with us for the next several years. Michigan is the only job he'd leave LSU for, most likely. That job is likely to come up this year, and if it's filled with someone other than him, it'll be filled for the next 4 years, minimum. This means that no recruit will have to sign with LSU without being sure who his head coach would be for most or all of his career. It'll be either Les Miles or whoever we have hired to replace him.

7. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

Nope, Miles is a better coach IMO, because he's as good a recruiter, but better in attracting the best coaching staff. Btw, the Saban thing was a joke..It's all about the hat..:thumb:

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

No, "Fear the Hat". Get it right.

9. tigereyed

tigereyed Freshman

So you don't think recruiting will be affected whatsoever? I'm not arguing, just asking. Remember, all these verbals and the guys coming this weekend aren't exactly "in the bag."

10. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

Sure, the rumors will affect it some, particularly if he actually leaves. The good news is that this will not be a multi-year saga like it was with Saban. With Saban, every year recruits had to sign with us without knowing who their coach would be the next season. With Miles, he'll either leave this year or stay with us for the foreseeable future. Any uncertainty the recruits face will be cleared up before they actually have to sign on the dotted line.

He'll have to deal with the rumors from now until Michigan's job is filled, but after that it's smooth sailing.