Coaches 2009 All SEC Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 8, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2nd that.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Isn't Lafell on the second team ?

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yeah, I guess since I thought he kinda got jobbed that it was a freudian typo.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The top two teams always get the most players on the team. Winning gets more attention that personal accomplishments. LSU placed a lot of first-teamers when were the champions.

5. UABAlum

UABAlum Freshman

Funny thing is, Saban is winning with Shula's recruits and even though Shula couldn't - although 3 of the 8 all-SEC are Saban's. Saban's recruits are mostly freshmen and sophomores.

I think Texas will be tough. Texas' defensive strength is against the run. Texas has Auburn's old defensive coordinator and he's good. They also have Bama's former offensive coordinator who worked under Saban in 2007 so he will know how to attack Bama's defense - and he will be motivated to do so. (Guess that works both ways.) But mostly, the Texas players will have the emotional edge because they keep hearing how they will get hammered. Remember how Utah came out and played? Florida had recievers open at times but Tebow either underthrew them or they dropped the ball. If McCoy gets hot and can burn Bama for an easy TD or two, Texas could win. Texas has a much better passing attack than Florida and they will be the first decent pass-first team Bama has faced.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

even though you were right, i fixed it for you, now it looks more respectable.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Shula's recruits, Saban's recruits, either way were not mad at either one of them. If fact if we get the big brass ring this year, I think it's nice to remember both, as far as the sum total of our success goes.

1 person likes this.