Coaches pick 2004 ALL-SEC team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jul 22, 2004.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

The fact that Webster wasn't selected as a unanimous 1st team selection shows how much politics is involved. Some coach out there has an axe to grind with LSU.

2. Tiger1131

Tiger1131 Founding Member

Some coach probably does have an axe to grind, but on the bright side LSU is very well represented overall by the SEC coaches (13 1st or 2nd teamers). Lottsa respect for Saban's crew.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Seems like thats's the most I can remember from one team on first and second teams combined...at least since the Jacquez Green/Ike Hilliard/Reidel Anthony/Danny Wuerffel days.

hmmm maybe we are becoming the gators of the 90's.

Wonder if someone can find out who's had the most at one time? The '60-'70 Bama days surely don't count.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm surprised to see David Jones on the first team since he dosen't have the monster stats from last year but how in the world can they leave Andrew Whitworth off the first team?

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Michael Munoz on 1st team? Has the guy even made it through an entire season yet?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats probably because of his Daddy's reputation with the Cincinnati Bengals.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That's completely why Munoz gets all the love.

Whitworth being left off the first team was ghastly, but I suppose ALL of the first team couldn't be Tigers!

The lack of unanimous selections from LSU was appalling, too. Webster, Spears, Green at KS? Come on...

I'm surprised that David Jones made 1st team because he didn't have the stats, but he is going to be incredible this year, especially early on. Our experience at WR is lacking, so we'll go to the TE more often in the first half of the season.