Coaches Poll LSU #13

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Oct 24, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Maybe not but a 3hr time zone difference can have a huge impact on the outcome of a game as well. If it's not such a big deal SEC teams would travel more, believe me. We (LSU) are too chicken shyt to schedule home and away series with Oregon. Neutral sites for regular season games are da shyts as far as I'm concerned.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Uh, where would LSU play in the lower 48 where there would be a 3 hour time difference?

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Just, a bit of a reach. TCU was in a bowl. Boise St. has no loyalty to a conference. They just changed themselves. They have an aversion to the size of the conference. Like, does it fall under the BCS. Home or away, makes no difference, the strength of schedule does not qualify Boise State for the national championship. I beat Oregon, "therefore Iam?"

So did Ohio St. you don't hear them griping about it.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Thats funny, and I've had trips like that. You might have another one just like that coming if the BirdTigers show up like they did yesterday.

I agree with your earlier post it would be great if they both made it. What if there were a big game and nobody cared. Especially ESPN, what if they all of a sudden discovered if nobody cares they don't get paid? It changed how they reported LJames; it would be interesting to see the subtle difference in how they push teams.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

People might actually care more if Boise St was in the title game. It would be a huge underdog story and America loves the underdog. I hate to even mention this, but I had people in New York ask me, and I'm being dead serious:

"Where is LSU?"

I think you over estimate the rankings in the polls for TV viewership. Notre Dame sucks, but has it's own exclusive deal with NBC because people watch them.

I actually think more people would watch Boise St to see if, "Wow, Boise St national champions, can you imagine that?"

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

This time they have to travel to the cozy confines of Tuscaloosa. Even cam hasn't made such a trip, yet.

Two "fly" teams will solve the issue. The propaganda machine would be at full tilt trying to create national interest in a game, that no one believes, either team could have survived, in any BCS conference.

Wonder how many commercials it would take to convince the BCS fans, we should care?

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

12/13 ain't bad considering if we find a way to create a passing game we can win out, but it will require work. With a few teams a head of us losing we can creep back into the top 8 maybe even top 5.

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Or on a CH-53E for 3 hours from Sigonella, Sicily to a carrier in the Cent Med. :thumb: That'll get your attention! :hihi: :LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Did TCU or Boise ever get an invite to a BCS conf??? Just exactly who have they turned down to play??? You think TCU and Boise could beat LSU??? Are you watching the same team I am...........BTW, I watch TCU every week too, and trust me, it would take Patterson about 10 minutes to game plan for the LSU offense this year. Why is it teams like Oklahoma can barely beat Utah State, have to hold off USAFA in the last 3 minutes on their own field and win by 3 be ranked #1 in the BCS??? Because they beat a Texas team that just got throttled on their own grass by Iowa State who
    just two weeks ago got pummeled by over 50 ON THEIR field by Utah?? Did you see what TCU just did to the same USAFA team that almost beat Oklahoma??? Did you watch that game??? Did you watch them stomp the crap out of Baylor who has already won 6 games and is at the top of the Big 12 South?LSU!

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Well that depends on the commercials, the quality of the people in the commercials, and how much she's not wearing. :lol: