Coaches Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JSracing, Oct 7, 2007.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Does anyone have a link that shows how they voted? thanks in advance.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The only one I've seen is the one that was released at the end of last season. I haven't seen a week to week update.

If you recall, there was a pretty decent debate about making the votes public in '05 when the AP pulled out of the BCS.

3. TC

TC Le Big Mac

All I know is that whichever two coaches gave Ohio State their first-place votes are silly.

LSU has beaten #7 South Carolina, #12 Virginia Tech, and #13 Florida.

Ohio State has beaten Youngstown State and the Akron Zips. :dis:

Also, why are there only 60 first-place votes when there are 119 Division I coaches? :lsup:

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I think the answer is evident, not all coaches have the right to vote. I know this year Les has a vote.

Here is one for ya. We know that in '03 one of three coaches not to vote LSU the national champion(mind you they are bound by contract with the BCS to crown the BCS champion the national champion) was none other than Lou Holtz.

5. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Only sixty coaches vote because thats who the AFCA (they give out the bear bryant award) lets vote, it weeds out the crazies and those who dont pay attention, just like the ap. here's the list of voting coaches:

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's an effort to create some balance with the voting along conference lines. You won't find a conference with every one of its coaches having a vote. I believe the number last year was 7 from the SEC: Fulmer, Richt, Miles, Tuberville, Croom, Spurrier and Nutt. It makes sense considering those coaches would have a better grasp on the teams in their conference than say a coach from the PAC-10 would have on South Carolina.

You also have some coaches that simply don't want to have a vote...would rather not waste the time. Heck, that is one of the reasons you hear the stories of coaches allowing GA's to fill out their ballots.