Coaches Pre-season All-SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vatz22AU, Jul 20, 2006.

1. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

:dis: Leak has started at Florida since he was a freshman. He has started more games then JR and Cox combined, and CL has proved himself more as a qb in his career then the other two, so far. I dont think he will be the best qb at the end of the year, but Leak deserves to be on the first team just out of respect if nothing else. I see Bowe, Early, and Davis shocking the SEC and playing at the expectations that were set for them. JR will have a huge year.

2. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Leak is also on pace to break Wuerffel's yardage record this year. That's pretty impressive.

3. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

You missed the point. The guy was all that and a bag of chips his FR and SO campaigns, I agree. That's when he racked up the serious yardage. The Urban Assault comes in and tries to convince him that he is an option QB. Not that I blame him in the least bit, but if I was a finesse QB, I wouldn't want to take the kind of beating that Urban put me up for last season. The question begs, has Urban modified his offense enough to keep Leak from having to run as often, or should I say fall down, so as not to take a hit? If Leak is told there is no change to the offense, he will be as unhappy as last year, and will dump the ball and slide to avoid the hit. Same story as last year. I don't want to hear about his WR woes. We went thru our own issues.

And as far as Wuerff-less goes, Danny is a great all-around guy, but he was successful because of the system, as were most of the QBs that Spurrier cranked out. The guy was a great college QB, but his technique really kept him from being much more than a motiviation speaker in the locker room on the next level.

So back to the topic, I happen to think that UF is vastly overrated, and will not be as good as they are being talked up. That will only change if the Urban assault is modified to let Leak operate more as a pocket passer. Since I think UF and Leak (in the Urban assault offense) are vastly overrated, I don't think Leak deserves to be pre-season 1st team SEC.:bncry: