Coaches Salary & Basketball Programs... for the Real Fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Apr 4, 2006.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I agree. I just think that students are more effective and more into the game when they are closer to the court.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Students don't really show up in good numbers for basketball games. They really never have around here. So, their seating has gotten modified accordingly over the years.

Empty seats close to the court don't really help the crowd get into the game.

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I'd say there were pretty good turn outs this year. There was one game in particular that they couldnt allow anymore students in. They got good turn outs.

4. LSUGradin99

"this year"

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Good point. The problem wasn't just the students the last few years, its everybody.

6. LSUGradin99

you're not getting what I am saying.. students have simply never been strong supporters of basketball... unless shaq, stro, or thomas are on the court... what would happen would be lots of empty "premium" seats in the student section year after year... this has nothing to do with the fan base in general, only speaking about students and student seats... but I see you working your angle again to take another shot at LSU fan support.. give it up... it's tired and stale.

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Shut up. Thats not what I meant and don't spin it that way. I misunderstood the point you were making. I'm sorry. I can see arguments for the student section being lower and not being lower. Before this year, the location of the seats were not really good b/c they were so far from the actual court and they were taking good seats away from paying customers. So, I agree with you.

8. LSUGradin99

Don't be mad because I beat you to the punch and spoiled your plans. :)

I would actually like to see the first three to five rows all the way around the arena be reserved for students. As long as they work it out in a manner that allows the people behind them to watch the game without standing... sorta like they did with lower part of the student section this past year.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Agreed. I agree with you on something. I just also think its kind pointless to have so many of the students up in the rafters as well. If your going to do that, you might as well put a lower cap on the amount of students that get in free, then open all the other seats up to paying customers.

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

In the 2000 year the students packed every game. That was a year where if you didn't get out to the PMAC early, you didn't get into the game..