Coaching equations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBSJD, Jan 4, 2013.

1. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

well sporty u think miles is a good coach,saban is sure better than miles.sorry didn't reliaze that simon was having trouble with school.,and im not no retort,in fact you don't even know me,and i have been a season ticket holder for a long time,and yes i suffered through the bad times too.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Hey I don't know anyone who disagrees that as a coach Saban is better than Miles. I sure don't but then again there is ZERO chance that Nicky comes back to LSU so pineing for him is wasted effort and emotion.

You probably aren't a retort though maybe you could use a dictionary and thesarus. A retort is (according to wikipedia)
    Verb
    1. Say something in answer to a remark or accusation, typically in a sharp, angry, or wittily incisive manner.
    2. Heat in a retort in order to separate or purify.

Noun
    1. A sharp, angry, or wittily incisive reply to a remark.
    2. A container or furnace for carrying out a chemical process on a large or industrial scale.

Synonyms
    verb. reply - return - answer
    noun. rejoinder - answer - repartee

Your loyalty to LSU isn't in question sporty you ability to see reality is.

3. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

"Your loyalty to LSU isn't in question sporty you ability to see reality is,"You ability or your ability!!!!! mmmm improper grammar,If your going to play grammar police at least make sure you are making no errors yourself my friend. Only point i have been trying to make is that the offense ha been lackluster under miles and wont improve until he hires a o/c to eliminate this problem,because as what happened in the clemson game the defense was tired.

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The only difference between Saban and Miles football wise is Saban knows how to bring in an offensive coordinator and leave them alone.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

is that right? does that mean he is on the chopping block?

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I don't see that players leaving early for the draft is a problem. LSU recruits talent and develops that talent such that the players are able to leave early for the draft. You can't fault their decisions or the coaching staff. None of these guys are leaving because of issues inside the program, rather they are leaving because they are ready for the NFL. Good luck to them and good luck to the incoming recruits who will be NFL ready when they are juniors.

The kids have to see that LSU makes NFL talent. That is a good thing. You have to keep the talent door revolving....

BTW...I think red 55 does live in Louisiana but not louisianna.

7. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

If you'll check the quote, I was referring to the Clemson game and their 100 offensive plays. We've had people in the past who've questioned the importance of TOP. This was directed at them. While you're "look(ing) these things up," I think I'll live my life.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

LSU is in the upper echelon of NCAA football schools and we have a bunch of spoiled brats that remind me of U fans. They dwell on the few loses instead of enjoying the programs successes. I'll quit following the Tigers before I ever become so jaded and pessimistic. Football is entertainment for goodness sake, try to enjoy it.

StaceyO, Winston1 and TigerTap like this.
  9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Honest question to anyone. In a loss, would you rather your team be outplayed or outcoached?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hard question.

In a way, you want to know you have the better players. Being outplayed means you have lesser quality.

On the other side, you would think that the easiest thing to fix is coaching, because you already have the players. Recognizing adjustments/lack of adjustments is far easier than recruiting and developing talent.

Out-coached.