Coaching not to blame for loss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerKid05, Oct 7, 2006.

1. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

How are y'all overlooking the fact that we had five turnovers in this game. Another contributing factor was the blocked punt. Face it, we got outplayed by a better team who wanted way more than we did and it showed on the the field. Miles can't catch a kickoff or a punt for his players. We had drives late in the game that were rolling a JaMarcus threw a couple of picks That's why we lost.

I have the feeling that most of yall were waiting for this just to jump on the miles sucks bandwagen...Saban's gone, miles is our coach and untill we have a losing record, we stand behind him. we dont bitch like little girls. teams lose and teams win. we lost to a top ten team with national title implications

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They wanted it way more than we did, you declared.

I think that's called motivating your team.

You just supported out thesis without even knowing it.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

You're missing the point tigerkid. Execution reflects coaching. Bad decisions reflect coaching.

4. MariettaTiger

MariettaTiger Freshman

Despite all those penalties and bad calls that went against us in the first half, we were still only down one score.

True, the coaches are not to blame for doucet's fumble on the kickoff(and safety) However, the drive where we kicked a 40 something yard field goal showed everything wrong with LSU football this year. We are down 16-7 in the third quarter, and Jimbo is STILL trying to run the ball. Forget being one dimensional, we need points!!

That was the biggest failure today, and there were many of them by this team.

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

we lost the game when doucet fumbled. we never recovered from that

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Coaching?

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Blame it on Herbstreit. Him picking us should have been a sign it was going to be a long day.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

You talk like all you know about this game is what is written in the box score.

Do you really think that either of those two late interceptions were JR's fault?

I don't think this one is solely on the coaches, but I'd say about 60% of the blame should be.

Playcalling was a little better to me this game, but when mistakes were made our staff did nothing to correct the problems. The guys just get a pat on the ass.

Our oline is horrible. They get a flat ass "F" on run blocking and maybe a "C-" on pass blocking for the game. This is on Miles if you ask me. He is the head coach and an ex lineman.

Our best running back doesn't even need his uniform washed. Again on MIles. This is playing scared. That metality transfers to the team.

9. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

no, Early fumbled. you do not coach fumbling a kickoff at the three, silly.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I thought it was Corso that we didn't want picking us. Whichever, it doesn't matter now, because for the big games we have left no one is picking us. Hell, maybe we can win out.