Coaching Responsibility

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Oct 23, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yes, I suggest everyone read it. It might give you an entirely new perspective on Coach Miles and his coaching staff. Whether a PosiTiger or a NegaTiger it is a pretty fair and solid assessment. Sometimes reality needs to be heard by all.

2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Not to change the subject, but I think a lot of folks fail to realize just how tough the SEC is.

We see Top 10 recruiting classes and think that means we're the most talented team on the planet.

We see astronomical salaries for every coach and think that means miracles.

We think high ticket prices and state of the art facilities means we're automaticall going to be the best.

The problem is, there are 7 or 8 other schools in the SEC and another 15 or so more around the country that are cut from the very same mold as us.

The margin of error from week to week in the SEC is razor thin. A couple of turnovers, a certain special player on the other team or a few dropped passes, can doom you on any given Saturday.

Miles has done a good job at LSU. A real good job. His overall W/L record is rock-solid. Recruiting is strong and our kids have high character and they're getting degrees, not rap-sheets.

Honestly, with his W/L record, I give Miles an A- or strong B+.

1 person likes this.
  3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I almost stopped reading at your overall grade for offensive assistants being a C-/D+ rather than the obvious F that it is. But I gave it a chance. If theres some way to spin being last in the SEC and last in the country offensively as some measure of success with loads of 5 star caliber talent, I'm wiling to hear it.

Other than that glaring error, I think it's a well though out out pretty good assessment. I don't agree with it all, but you make your points. Good post. :thumb:

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i finally read through it. i too woulde add a sectopn for recruiting, and then how he deals with kids/type of program he runs. for that i would give him an a.

thanks for cleaning it up guys. that made it a lot easier for those of us having a hard time focusing.

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

You made some excellent points here! Most importantly there was spacing and it wasn't 3 pages long!

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

at what point does the coaching staff sit Terrance Toliver on the bench and say, son work it out, someone else is getting a shot, and put in Wright, or Boone, it's not like we don't have depth at that position.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This X 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :thumb:

8. TigerBacker70

We all know Les doesn't like to bench player for poor performance. Once his mind is made up about his starters, it doesn't tend to change easily. They just need to work through it. They'll improve if you have a nice talk with them and leave them as starters long enough...

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think our running backs and receivers are well coached. They seem to have improved since last year. It is quarterback and O-line where there are clear issues.

10. TigerBacker70

I agree on the running backs, but the receivers all have butterfingers this season. Partly on the QB, but there's been drops all around that are on the WR's. But it's more than individual players' performances, look at our offensive results as a whole. The big picture. Still sucking overall offensively.