Coaching Responsibility

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Oct 23, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can't put butterfingers onto the receiver coach. That's a player's responsibility if the QB can get them the ball and ours cannot. Our receivers are running better routes this year and getting open. Tolliver and Randle could be All-SEC if they had a quarterback who could get them the ball.

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

There's been plenty of rightly assigned blame on the QB's for the passing game woes, but there have been a number of drops that were just drops of passes that should have been catches. That is mostly on the players. But on caoches as as well to some degree. They can't go out on the field and catch for them, but these guys do have ability for them to develop. There's also some guys sitting on the bench that can go in and give it a shot if they aren't getting it done.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

:hihi: I do partially write for a living, so I can't afford to lose the reader.

Under recruiting I think I'd add a separate section for attrition. It seems to be the issue that dare not speak its name when it comes to our issues at O-line and fullback.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I agree with this. Prior to the AU game I was one of many putting the majority of the blame on the QB's and coaches, but after watching the WR's drop several catchable; not necessarily perfectly thrown, but catchable, passes it became quite evident that our WR's do share in a big portion of the blame for our O's failures. To be an elite receiver in college football, which these are supposed to be, you can't drop passes that you can get your hands on, and do. Even RR admits that the pass he let go that ended up in an int, was his fault:

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Thanks for the help. It sort of erupted after I got fed up with reading all the emotional posts. Also it was good to see reasoned comments on Miles both positive and negative. That was the intention in addition to getting my jumbled thoughts out.
    Thanks again

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The only thing we all know is that you have only negative things to say.

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I love you so very much. I'm positive about that. :milesmic:

8. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

Well here is a clue!:yelwink2: the 2007 team was mostly coached and developed by Les. Saban mainly recruited part of the players.:yelwink2: How do you figure this out? Here is another clue! Les was starting his third Season.;);):thumb:

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree with most of this. However, how he gets a C on game management, I don't get. I give him a D at best.

Bet you didn't see that coming. ;)

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

You said the "S" word... half of these fools will stop right there...