Coaching Situation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 9, 2003.

?

What should we do in regards to the Brady Situation

1. Fire him right now

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Fire him after the season

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Give him one more year

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  4. Sign him to a contract extension

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

What do you think we should do in regards to our mens basketball coaching situation

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I say one more year to bring in another class. Some of the young guys on this team have had flashes of brilliance, all they need is consistency through experience.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Coach

I am not an expert on coaching so I cannot give a valid evaluation on the job Brady has done. I like the fact that his players are graduating and that until this year they have over achieved. He has done a good job of recruiting and if he can persuade Bass to join the team next year that will elevate to an excellent grade.
    I remember the excellent advice given by the late Hap Glaudi to sports fans, "Never fall in love with a coach" meaning their tunure is too unpredictable. Their tenure depends on a fickle fan base, a fickle administration, and their own search for their best opportunity. Some of us remember Paul Dietzel and a MNC.
    What ever the administration decides...

If Tuhoo is correct, that a new coach will fill the PMAC next year, John has to go. ;)

Bottom Line Bob Broadhead was on target.

4. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

Where does it say you have to be a qualified expert to give an opinion? I'm a fan of LSU basketball, I played at the scholastic level, I have a good knowledge of the game. This isn't a court of law where you have to be a certified expert to give testimony.

That being said, nobody here should deny that there is a problem in the basketball program. What the problem is, I don't particularly know and unless you're around the situation on a daily basis, anything said here is just speculation. My opinion stems from the simple fact that Brady was hired to do a job and for whatever reason his team is not performing. If I'm his boss I don't particularly care what the reasons are, it's his job to fix it. Now I would probably give him another year to work it out at this point but I would expect some results. Where the situation rubs me wrong is that I've always had a problem with people who don't take responsibility where responsibility lies. Brady should be stand up and say point blank, we have a problem and it is my job to fix it and I will do whatever it takes to get the job done....end of story.

Now those of you who get bent out of shape when Brady is criticized is another thing. I don't believe showing concern over our program and having an opinion of what the problem is should be considered lack of support. It is just the opposite, the people who are the most passionate about this issue are that way because they are the biggest fans of LSU basketball and it probably affects them more than others when it is obvious what the potential of this program is compared to the results.

I don't particularly want Brady to lose his job, I would like nothing better than a complete turnaround of the program. That being said, in my gut I don't see it happening.