Cocks Will Make It a Game for 3 Quarters

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Sep 18, 2007.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Several factors will keep LSU from putting this game away by halftime, as they have the first three of the season.

#1--The Cocks are good. You don't go into the backyard of a confident Georgia team and completely shut down their offense and win if you're not solid in all phases of the game.

#2--Injuries and distractions. Matt, Early, Will, Steltz, the Miles press luncheon, the Odom arrest, the MIGHTY GATORS looming.

#3--Day game. Three night games, three blow outs. But when's the last time LSU played great during the day? Mississippi State last year? When was the time before that? Anyone? ... They played okay against Arkansas last year, but the D let McFadden and Jones run all over them. Then the Gators and the Badgers shut those two Hogs down completely. LSU and sunshine are not a good combo.

Prediction: LSU will struggle. I don't believe Flynn will be sharp. Perrilloux will have to play most of the second half and perahps most of the rest of the year. Look for some mistakes by Jared Mitchell returning punts. Perhaps a muff or a bad choice to field inside the 10. Hester, Williams, LaFell and a strong performance by the D pull this one out. LSU 24, USC 17.:helmet:

2. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

If it is a close game that will not be such a bad thing. It might prepare us for the rest of the SEC which I do not believe will be as easy as the games we have already played. I dont think they will be able to score 17 points though unless we turn the ball over to them in our own territory. Hopefully Flynn is not too rusty and can keep that from happening.

LSU-17
    USC-6

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Pessimist. LSU's D will control SC. Our offense will be steady as usual.

And as for the day game, we'll just start drinking earlier. :D

4. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

My main thing is Sean Glennon might be a little better than Blake Mitchell and if i am right...eh long day for the cocks

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Ummm...no, they wont.

6. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

in the valley, tigers roar.
    white or purple, cursed no more.
    who we play is of no matter.
    fans will worship with quaking clatter.
    in they come with lofty talk,
    and out they go as Dorsey balks.
    flynn and ryan rule the field.
    snap the ball, and fate is sealed.
    day or night, cursed no more.
    in the valley, TIGERS ROAR!

:lsup::geauxtige:lsup:

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Most overrated team in the country...

I grew up with two guys on their defense and promise you they wouldnt be 9th string on any other defense.

Only way they hang around is if we kill ourselves.

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Excellent.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't think the game will be put away by half time, but we will be winning comfortably.

The wizard will have our offense clicking, although their defense is pretty good. They are not that solid in all phases of the game, though. Their OLine is not very good, and that combined with an immobile QB spells trouble with our DLine. Their rushing game is probably their team's biggest strength & so long as we can control that, we control the game.

Early Doucet is the only thing worth mentioning here, and maybe Flynn but he is expected to be close to 100%.

LSU controls its own destiny & our ability is not changed by the time of the game. Our crowd may not be as into this game to pump up the defense, but that's about all I see relevant about the game time.

I don't think Flynn will be as sharp as he has been, but Perrilloux will see a lot of playing time & put some points on the board for us if Flynn can't. I don't expect us to return many punts, thus limiting any possible mistakes.

How do you suppose USC will score 17? We aren't spotting them 10... :yelwink2:

My prediction: LSU 31, USC 7. USC's running game will work just enough to keep our defense on the field for a while & stop our offense from running up the score.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Good call bro. It might not be enough for redelephant to give us our due though. :)