Cody Green

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Mar 21, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

5 star QB out of Texas has LSU and Texas A&M as slight leans over Nebraska, Miami, Baylor and Houston.

The 5 star rating comes from Scout. I believe he is a strong 4 on rivals.

6'4" 220 lbs, dual threat QB.

Tigers and Aggies recruiting him the hardest, according to Green. Will decide during summer.

Again, LSU being strongly considered for another stud recruit.

And the beat goes on........

2. TigerBait45

TigerBait45 Founding Member

I think hes like 180 something on Rivals. I'll have to go check now because its bothering me..but I'm pretty sure hes at least in the top 250.

I'm not very familiar with him, but I know the coaches seem to want a pocket passer to be the 2nd QB instead of taking another dual threat guy. I like Green's game though..very athletic.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

He was injured most of last year, which is why I believe he's outside the Rivals 100, yet a 5 star on Scout.

I'd prefer to see our second QB be a more traditional drop-back style QB as well.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If you want your #1 to be a duel threat and your offense is based on that type QB why would you want to have a drop back passer as your #2?:huh::huh::huh:

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Who says he would be the #2? Shepard & any other QB we take will have to come in & compete to move up the depth chart. It isn't going to be given to anyone.

I don't want a QB that can't run at all, just one more like Flynn - not a great open field runner, but able to move some when he has to. Our offense can function just fine with this type of QB, and I like having the diversity on our team to give us more options.

6. TwistedTiger

Maybe I wasn't clear. What I'm saying is why would you want to recruit QB's of completely different styles if your offense is based on one of those styles. Crowton seems to favor a highly mobile QB for his system and you would think he would want recruits to fit that mold. Also don't sell Flynn short, he was a pretty good runner and mobile before he was injured. I'm not talking about personal preference, I could care less who joe fan wants as QB, why would the coaching staff want two different style QB's

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Before LSU Crowton had some mobile QBs but most were pocket passers.

Different styles equals more options. Crowton uses an array of different styles each game and having two different style quarterbacks would open up the playbook more and more personnel packages. It worked well with less mobile Flynn and highly mobile RP last year. Fylnn had some wheels but he did not use them unless it was called or unless he needed to escape the pressure. Also having different style QBs doesn't depend on mobility only.

Think about how counterproductive it would be to have two guys rotate at QB with the same abilities they strive at. Defenses wouldn't have to make entirely different gameplans and why rotate them at all if they were similar.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't want the QBs to be completely different, just different.

This applies to above as well, but Crowton's offense is multi-faceted and can work with any style QB. Having differing style QBs gives him more options for rotations and development.

9. TwistedTiger

It worked well the first half of the season but by the second half the entire world knew RP was going to run the ball every time he entered the game. I was really surprised he didn't throw it a little to keep the defenses honest.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

We used it less but it still worked for 6-12 yards almost everytime we used it. Especially the few with him pitching the ball on the option after gaining 7 yards already. However, I would have liked to see them allow RP to air it out a few times as well because it worked great in one of the early games during the year.